CS Registry Online

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
We're forwarding e9-driven.com to the original CS Registry domain that's been around for years and housing the list there. Markos has spent hours migrating the old database to the new site and I will be adding the information pages over the next few weeks. There will be issues so please work with us to get things straightened out.

Password recovery (we don't have the old passwords), claiming entries and just plain mistakes made by me will all come into play, but I'm confident that we'll make it a great site.

www.e9coupe.com --> www.bmwcsregistry.org/list
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to recover your account on the new Registry:

1) Click the "Login" link at the upper right of the page:

account-recovery-login.jpg

2) Type in the email address you used for the registry.

3) Click on the "Forgot password" link

account-recovery-email.jpg

4) If you can't remember the email address you used for the registry click on the "Contact" link at the bottom right of the page and fill out the form in the information below:

5) Wait for the Admin's to contact you with your login details.

account-recovery-contact.jpg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hmm it looks like build date isn't showing up. I added that data (after some serious cleanup) but it isn't displaying yet. This one is on me! :) I'll take a look this weekend.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry to be the first one to need help, but here goes. On the old version I was able to log in and edit my car. New site does not recognize my username, which is correct because I'd tried to join the forum originally but was never confirmed. When I tried a second time, here I am :) but I used a different username (autokunst). Bottom line, the registry will not let me edit my car because it doesn't recognize my non-existent forum username. Is there a way to re-set it?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry to be the first one to need help, but here goes. On the old version I was able to log in and edit my car. New site does not recognize my username, which is correct because I'd tried to join the forum originally but was never confirmed. When I tried a second time, here I am :) but I used a different username (autokunst). Bottom line, the registry will not let me edit my car because it doesn't recognize my non-existent forum username. Is there a way to re-set it?

What is your username or names for the registry?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This one seems like an odd exception. You have a duplicate VIN entry also.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, someone on the forum had listed my car before I bought it - from the sale ad. Then I "took it over". I suspect the data from the temporary entry was in the database and was brought in. I think the original entry can be deleted so it is just one file.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
This one seems like an odd exception. You have a duplicate VIN entry also.

Duplicate VINs will be normal since they can be put in at different dates/owners. I think it would be cool to see four or five entries for one VIN that shows the history of the owners. We'll see...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think that is true if it were a previous owner. In this case, it was someone else here diligently tracking a previously undocumented car. As far as I know, I am the first "owner" that has made an entry. Maybe custodian would be a better title. :)

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Registry is driven off of your email address and not a username. See if you got an email to reset your password...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Argh. I am so sorry that I am apparently a dinosaur and can't figure out how to use the internet. :D

I logged in using my email. I did need to reset my password, which I did and it worked. Logged in, I can get to my entry (VIN 2240723). It has my name above it. But when I click the "edit" button, it tells me there is no listing with that ID:
no listings.jpg

What am I doing wrong?:confused:
And I will say thank you for all the work you guys are doing with the registry. I can't wait to get in and edit/add a bunch of new and accurate information. Evidently I just can't figure out how to do that.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
You're probably not doing anything wrong, but you are helping us figure out the bugs.... stay tuned.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The beauty of a Registry is to show how many are registered, I don’t think we want duplicate VINs. In autokunst’s case, I probably created the original Seen in Ad entry. When an owner shows up, I reset the password so they could edit the entry.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The beauty of a Registry is to show how many are registered, I don’t think we want duplicate VINs. In autokunst’s case, I probably created the original Seen in Ad entry. When an owner shows up, I reset the password so they could edit the entry.

That's fine, I'm sure we can strip them out. Right now there a lot of duplicate entries that were carried over from the other site.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was able to log in and create a new password. I searched for my VIN (2270407) and found two entries. The first had my photos and a short description of the car. The second has no photos and a longer text block. I was able to add the build date to the first entry and include the longer text and then save the entry. I tried to edit the second entry and got the error that 'we don't have any listings with that ID'. I suppose the answer is to delete the second entry.

My first entry looks great. I look forward to the successful ironing out the site's bugs. Nice work guys.

Ian

Last edited: