CS Registry Online

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The beauty of a Registry is to show how many are registered, I don’t think we want duplicate VINs. In autokunst’s case, I probably created the original Seen in Ad entry. When an owner shows up, I reset the password so they could edit the entry.

I talked to Dan about this. You can have duplicate entries if desired. For the counts section, you need to count distinct VIN’s instead of records. With that said duplicates may be confusing.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I crashed early folks. I won’t have an opportunity to clean up duplicates until the weekend. Thanks!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The CS Registry is now live again. Here's the deal... The e9-driven entries were all migrated over to the new site successfully but the program has some encryption that keeps the existing entries from being edited. Moving forward, if an entry never gets edited it will just sit there and display normally. If you need to edit your existing entry send a message to the Administrator (Contact Administrator link at bottom right of every page) with your email address and we will manually "fix" your entry so it can be edited again. This isn't the ideal solution but I'm thinking the number of entries that need to be edited will be manageable enough so we can keep the registry going.

Note: If you're creating a new entry everything works just fine and no help from the Admins will be necessary.

Dan

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Dan!!!!

Also, I need to update the country info for the listings and tweak a few attributes here and there.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Any chance it can sort color or provide a stat? We get asked that question a lot.

New entries require approval to avoid the bots that plagued us before?

We also had the issue e.g. where a CS was registered as a CSi as the motor was swapped. We need to honor the original category.

Can we bring over the updated VIN tables?

Thanks guys.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just tried adding a car. Everything went fine until I pushed "publish" then I got an "http 500 error".

Just checked and nothing was uploaded to the registry.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it might an image size issue with the program. I'll look into it.

Try adding the entry with no photos and see what happens...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've tried to edit my entry and it will not let me. So I "contacted administrator". I also notice that there is a duplicate entry for my VIN - likely from Chris Macha from a previous "for sale" listing. I have to imagine that the duplication is causing problems as I cannot gain access to my own car?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've tried to edit my entry and it will not let me. So I "contacted administrator". I also notice that there is a duplicate entry for my VIN - likely from Chris Macha from a previous "for sale" listing. I have to imagine that the duplication is causing problems as I cannot gain access to my own car?

You can't access old entries, that's why you have contact the admin. I will create a new duplicate entry for you and send you a password and from that point on you'll have access.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well I ran some additional test cases, borrowing the VIN of @autokunst. No luck with a general user being able to modify the records that I mapped last year. The admins can always do this through the console, and we can always delete your record and have you re-add it and have full control. Our hunch is that only about 25% of the records will need to be modified. A large bulk of the records were added by @HB Chris and @Stan , so those owners likely aren't going to chime in unless the vehicle has been purchased by a now-member.

For anyone wearing a tin foil hat, your passwords are encrypted and I can't read them. :cool:

Tagging @dang for visibility

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you @Markos and @dang ! After you deleted the original VIN entries for me, and recommended I create a new login on the CS Registry, I was able to create and edit an entry for The Raven. It is very exciting to have the car properly entered and accessible. It makes the CS REGISTER grill badge official. ;)
Thanks again for all of the work you guys do to make this the hands down best car forum on the interweb.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One quick update: As @Philippe db noted, I can't seem to upload an image. Even when I reduced the file size to very small, the site doesn't seem to like it. But all of the other content seems to be working great!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you @Markos and @dang ! After you deleted the original VIN entries for me, and recommended I create a new login on the CS Registry, I was able to create and edit an entry for The Raven. It is very exciting to have the car properly entered and accessible. It makes the CS REGISTER grill badge official. ;)
Thanks again for all of the work you guys do to make this the hands down best car forum on the interweb.

Good deal. FYI - not everyone needs to create a new login. That was just due to you and I testing. The admins will need to reset your old password however. @dang is working on the image issue but it’s going to take time.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just to clarify, all of the old users were mapped to the new site. You won’t know your username but if you do a “forgot my password” with your registered email, or if you contact us - we can reset it.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Okay, I think I have the image upload working again up to 3mb file size. Try it out and let me know...