Csl for sale .. 1 of 169

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gianni,

obviously they replaced one widget with another ... a new grill from BMW, that is for the '74 because they didn't know the difference ... its from BMW so it must be correct. its still a nice looking early CSL in a great color, just not a perfect one and NOT worth the money in today's coupe market.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@giannicsl
you could call them and get an insight to all the questions you have posted. There are a lot of valid concerns for a car offered at that price and with your Csl knowledge and language, you could help shed light on the restoration etc for all of us.

Keshav

giannicsl

Reaction score
dear Keshav
it's an honor for me to talk to you and I'll call you as soon as possible (my spoken English is poor and I won't have google support);))))

I state that I follow the bmw world with passion and specifically the e9 csl
I do it with real passion ...,
but I just want to learn more ....

my masters in this sector have always been, are and will be ....
Mr Yannick to whom I am always grateful and grateful,
mr 2275xxxx,
you Keshav,
Henric
dear friend and compatriot Alessandro Botta
and many other friends
that in these 25 years I have contacted ....
disturbed and with whom I confronted ....

I dear Keshav am a student ume
and the American friends and other friends with whom we interact with our opinions are gold to me!
Marcos, Scott, are just some really big boys' names, but there are other living encyclopedias that I don't remember the name from now that I just want to learn more

it would be nice to meet all of us on a huge table and share all our opinions and ideas with good food

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, this car has faults and is expensive in its current guise, but like Markos and a few others I am very grateful it exists.

For me the first 169 have always been the most important, the purist of the CSLs and I have always felt one day the market will truly recognize that. I no doubt have bored many friends with such comments over the years :)

While this price would be high for a perfect car - although not outrageous - we know this car is not perfect. I remember the days on this forum (and others) were E9 lovers were moaning about how our cars were so massively underpriced for their beautiful lines, driving experience etc, etc. Now the wealthy collectors recognize what many of us saw all those years ago and therefore they are helping float all boats, more and more we are seeing well done CS/CSI's restorations in six figures and no doubt will see more because it makes sense to spend the money.

For collectors that understand, these early CSL's tick all the boxes on E9 ownership.

I would add that of all the CSL configurations, I venture these true ultra lightweights will have the least remaining from the original production and of the ones that remain, many were converted to race cars from new and remain so.

Of all the CSL's, I think the 221's are some of the most tinkered with and have the most opportunity for improvement. I get why this one is being scrutinized. It is recently restored, and done incorrectly. Frankly, I'm just pleased that it exists!

giannicsl

Reaction score
Yes, this car has faults and is expensive in its current guise, but like Markos and a few others I am very grateful it exists.

For me the first 169 have always been the most important, the purist of the CSLs and I have always felt one day the market will truly recognize that. I no doubt have bored many friends with such comments over the years :)

While this price would be high for a perfect car - although not outrageous - we know this car is not perfect. I remember the days on this forum (and others) were E9 lovers were moaning about how our cars were so massively underpriced for their beautiful lines, driving experience etc, etc. Now the wealthy collectors recognize what many of us saw all those years ago and therefore they are helping float all boats, more and more we are seeing well done CS/CSI's restorations in six figures and no doubt will see more because it makes sense to spend the money.

For collectors that understand, these early CSL's tick all the boxes on E9 ownership.

I would add that of all the CSL configurations, I venture these true ultra lightweights will have the least remaining from the original production and of the ones that remain, many were converted to race cars from new and remain so.
agree with bmwpeter.
the best csL.
for me they are the first 169.
some of them have been well restored in their original condition ...
others like this 2211
I'm a great just for the sells to that crazy.

for those who buy it must be aware that it will be difficult to find perspex glass
(there are, for now, only green and unclear reproductions)
It will be difficult to find an original black roof tarpaulin (now it has a presumably German tarp, but not csl)
completely repaint the external body (obvious errors with the soundproofing area, and many other anomalies in the painting)
front realignment (in his life he suffered an accident, in front everything was changed with parts from the 2800 including rounded infari)
well all these things have enormous costs for a purist.
even to have a boat of money you will never have a noteworthy car ...
it is obvious that we are all grateful that it exists and that it will race on its wheels, but everything has a price !!!!!
330 thousand euros for something that is not original and to be redone is quite a gamble

60/70 thousand with the awareness of redoing everything