Csl for sale .. 1 of 169

giannicsl

Reaction score
want to be silent ....
, but I would like to say many other things that are wrong

for example rounded headlights .... I think only for 2800.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Stevehose,

This car has good pics of the t-stay diagnostic port...

I don’t care what y’all say. I’m still in love with it. Maybe not $425K love, but it’s still the coolest looking CSL in my book. Save for the mysterious 400k € that sold in europe, the 221’s never seem to do that well. It’s a shame
since they are more special than many batmobiles. The black one with motorsport stripes was a great deal in all three sales it’s seen in the past 5 years. It still hasn’t topped $200K.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Stevehose,

This car has good pics of the t-stay diagnostic port...

I don’t care what y’all say. I’m still in love with it. Maybe not $425K love, but it’s still the coolest looking CSL in my book. Save for the mysterious 400k € that sold in europe, the 221’s never seem to do that well. It’s a shame
since they are more special than many batmobiles. The black one with motorsport stripes was a great deal in all three sales it’s seen in the past 5 years. It still hasn’t topped $200K.
I am in love also, Markos, and if I had a spare USD 300k, i would love to own it. I think that is about right for value, and then some more money to get the details right (like order the black clips for the sun visor from a 911 catalog for 20 bucks)

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
for that prize i would dream of other cars on 4 wheels..... $400k ? what's the difference in driving fun with a similar $40k CS ... not L ... ? i'm sure not that much, most people wouldn't even notice it. Yes, it has it's racing history.... but those were so different from a street CSL , nothing to compare. Yes, they started build with a light weight CSL body... of course. M88 engines, KugelFischer injection, rack&pinion etc... not to speak of the full welded in roll cage to give that weak chassis the extra needed stiffness or welded in camber plates /coilovers ...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is difficult for a driver to understand the mind of a collector. I’m happy that we have opinions from both on this forum (and most of our collectors drive their collection). :)

for that prize i would dream of other cars on 4 wheels..... $400k ? what's the difference in driving fun with a similar $40k CS ... not L ... ? i'm sure not that much, most people wouldn't even notice it. Yes, it has it's racing history.... but those were so different from a street CSL , nothing to compare. Yes, they started build with a light weight CSL body... of course. M88 engines, KugelFischer injection, rack&pinion etc... not to speak of the full welded in roll cage to give that weak chassis the extra needed stiffness or welded in camber plates /coilovers ...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yep, a few little things. one of the things that bothers me is the bottom of the drivers door. looks misaligned at the bottom. honestly all of the gauges look to be from a 2800cs. the wiper holders are wrong as well. overall it looks very good, great color + paint work looks good ... but the car doesn't look 425k to 450k good.

giannicsl

Reaction score
ragazzi,
questo esemplare ha di buono solo le targette #vin,

per quanto mi riguarda e senza nessuna colpa del venditore
questo esemplare è del tutto sbagliato con componentistica e lamierati del tutto errati.
un mix fra i vari modelli e9 nel tempo

anche a voler portare.i particolari come in origine sarebbe impossibile mancando i ricambi peculiari e distintivi della 169 a carburatori.

gli affari sono affari
e chi vende pensa (spero i buonafede commerciale) di avere per le mani un diamante....,ma ahimè
non è cosi!!!!
questa csl è una.maschera di carnevale mal riuscita
venduta come originale
e non sappiamo a questo punto come sia stata restaurata e con che tecnica.....
va bene il colore accattivante e il #vin csl,ma per il resto è un disastro anti economico per chi compra....

scusatemi la franchezza
non mi odiate ,ma.mai e poi mai consiglierei questo acquisto a quel prezzo
buon week end

giannicsl

Reaction score
boys,
this specimen has only the #vin tags good,

as far as I'm concerned and without any fault of the seller
this specimen is completely wrong with completely wrong components and sheet metal.
a mix between the various e9 models over time

even to want to bring the details as originally it would be impossible in the absence of the peculiar and distinctive spare parts of the 169 carburetors.

business is business
and those who sell think (I hope commercial good faith) that they have a diamond in their hands ...., but alas
It is not so!!!!
this csl is a failed carnival mask
sold as original
and at this point we do not know how it was restored and with what technique .....
the eye-catching color and #vin csl are fine, but otherwise it's an anti-economic disaster for the buyer ....

excuse my frankness
don't hate me, but ... never ever recommend this purchase at that price
have a nice weekend

giannicsl

Reaction score
I forget a clarification
I am glad that this specimen exists.
I am very strict on the definitions of outright originality on those who make unscrupulous trade in these machines.
I would like to talk to the dealer and ask him ... how did you have the restoration done? with which references? the spare parts where did you get them from?