Reaction score
-yawn- more calendar photos

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Purchased last summer and back for sale within 6 months Hmmm

New owner bored with the car
Or
A business purchase to buy and sell for a quick profit ???

Good luck to the seller and buyer

Last edited:

boldy330

Reaction score
Purchased last summer and back for sale within 6 months Hmmm

New owner bored with the car
Or
A business purchase to buy and sell for a quick profit ???

Good to the seller and buyer
hi do you think its the brightwells car? that was ceylon to yellow and sold this summer! great car !! best regards j

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What is that...$130k USD abouts? I don't think it's a bad price at all, however...

do city pack cars garner more or less than non-city pack cars?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The non city pack Csl’s are surely more desirable than the city pack ones, majority of the Csl’s are/ were City pack. The lighter the Csl from start, the more true it is to its genes.

I agree that the asking price, on the face of it without closer examination, is attractive.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
The non city pack Csl’s are surely more desirable than the city pack ones, majority of the Csl’s are/ were City pack. The lighter the Csl from start, the more true it is to its genes.

I agree that the asking price, on the face of it without closer examination, is attractive.

Of the 500 RHD injected UK CSLs and the 429 injected European CSL’s, does anyone know the split of City Package to non City Package for each ?

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Im hoping @Henrik will be able to give us some facts about your questions. He has a vast info spread sheet!
Being that Bmw kept no records, only a good guess based on meeting owners over the years......
My personal guess would be 80% city pacs and the rest in lighter versions all depending on what the individual buyer wanted.

Simufly

Reaction score
Not sure any of the UK RHD injected CSls were non city pack. The concessionaires at the time only ordered the city pack version.

CSL 1973

Reaction score
Im hoping @Henrik will be able to give us some facts about your questions. He has a vast info spread sheet!
Being that Bmw kept no records, only a good guess based on meeting owners over the years......
My personal guess would be 80% city pacs and the rest in lighter versions all depending on what the individual buyer wanted.

Hi,

BMW kept records of non city-pack 2275-CSLs until spring/summer 1973 (when the production of the Bat 2275-cars started). I do have to check in my archive. However, if I recall correctly there was a batch of non-city packs in the beginning of the production (12-13 first ones), then very few before VIN 2275121. A lot of non-city packs up to 2275147, followed by a propotionally 50/50 mix up to 2275194. All in all, I would guestimate some 150 non city-packs among the 429 injected non-Bats in the 2275 series.

Cheers
Henric

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Henric,
These are the first set of numbers I’ve heard off so many thanks for it. Very interesting info. So you have info on non city pacs in your archives, would be very cool to hear what constituted non city pack cars, no doubt multiple versions based on the individual orders.
What about the UK Csl’s? Any and possibly how many were special order cars?

tack
Keshav

CSL 1973

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Henric,
These are the first set of numbers I’ve heard off so many thanks for it. Very interesting info. So you have info on non city pacs in your archives, would be very cool to hear what constituted non city pack cars, no doubt multiple versions based on the individual orders.
What about the UK Csl’s? Any and possibly how many were special order cars?

tack
Keshav

Hi,

According to BMWs CSL-records, dated 7/73, there were 140 non city-pack cars among the first 294 cars in the 2275-batch.
The City Package for the LHD cars consist of:

CSi suspension
Steel doors
Big tool kit in boot lid
Front power windows
CS/CSi internal locking bonnet catch
Power steering
CS/CSi velour floor carpeting

A special RHD City Package was designed. This RHD city Package came as default and was even more inclusive compared to the LHD City Package.

However, at least some 20 cars in the 2285-batch were special orders (CSi leather seats, sun roof, vinyl roof additions, CS/CSi steering wheel etc).

Some very few LHD CSL cars were special orders with various individual options (CS/CSi seats, sun roof, wider wheel arches, special rims, special colour schemes and designed stripes etc).
As from 8/74, even more individual CSL options were available; AC, power mirrors, front-rear power windows and power steering etc. Also, on demand, the new CSL could be picked-up, by the customer, at the factory in Munich.

Interesting to note is that, only for all the produced CSLs, the black roof headliner, black door panel, interior trim panels, carpets and seats are all in black to avoid dazzle.

Cheers
Henric

Last edited: