CSL in Kit Form

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks like you're making great progress Rob. Just a quick one, have you joined the CSL Register of the BMW Car Club GB? Really knowledgeable and helpful group of enthusiasts there who I'm sure would be happy to help you if you need it.

I'd be interested in this as my CSL is UK delivered as well.

E3-3.0Si

Reaction score
Hi Wes, email Nick Hull at BMWCC GB, he is the E9 man.

[email protected]

For E3 contact Tony Wilkes.

[email protected]

Mark
You beat me to it Mark!

Wes, here is the link to our section of the BMW Car Club GB where you'll find some info as well as the contact email addresses. As Mark said, I look after the E3 Register and Nick looks after the E9s. It might also be worth contacting Sam Lever who is also a CSL owner.

https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/series/e3-e9/

Bit of background; John Castle (who most of the UK guys will know well) did an amazing job of getting the CSL and E9 Registers going again after they had withered a bit. Over the last 10 years or go, an amazing amount of info has been gather on UK delivered cars - both those that are owned by club members but also those that have disappeared or have been exported. John has now passed the baton to Nick and Sam, so I'd encourage you to drop them a line; hopefully they can help you find out more about your car!

Barry.b

Reaction score
Hi Wes, email Nick Hull at BMWCC GB, he is the E9 man.

[email protected]

For E3 contact Tony Wilkes.

[email protected]

Mark
Hi guys
I am just wondering with regards to my own 3.0 csi which was in the Uk up until 2014 would the bmw club uk possibly have any information to share on it if it was previously registered with them .
Just wondering as there is an old bmw car club membership card in with my receipts from a previous owner.

Attachments

• 1D1615DA-153D-497C-9957-B3BC14DF6C8F.jpeg
    1D1615DA-153D-497C-9957-B3BC14DF6C8F.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 109

Johnny D

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Rob,
Nice surprise meeting up with you and that beautiful CSL project of yours.

Just caught up with your project info on the forum.
Your attention to detail is impressive and It’s looking like it will be a top CSL example.

If you do need any help with locating mechanical parts or body parts etc, and even interior parts, then Pat would be a good person to talk to.

As I mentioned he used to own a BMW classics garage in Enfield called Cooks Ferry.
He’s now retired but has thousands of CSL parts bits and pieces that might be of use to you.
As you can imagine, he used to service CSL’s and I use to take my CSI to him in the 90s and prior to First Front.
He is now located in Epping and is well known on this forum.

I will give him a shout prior to forwarding his details, but you can get hold of him on here.
His handle on here is Pat Cooks.

In the meantime, i will look out for your project.
all the best.
JD

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What a great looking project. Lots of work with great attention to detail; I am envious of your talents. Keep the pictures coming.
I saw the early pictures, with the tree in the front at the road, and thought that it would produce some wonderfully figured burl veneer for the dash. It's already split the wall...time for it to go....:)