CSL Re-Birth - Sydney

Discussion in 'E9 Projects and Restorations' started by Atavistic, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Gransin

Gransin Well-Known Member Site Donor

The car looks incredibly sharp, congrats!

2. Mal CSL 3.0

Mal CSL 3.0 Active Member

Looking spectacular David. Can’t wait to see it.

I am also planning to get the black stripes decal on top of my front air-dam spoiler......but was quoted $300 the other day to get this done :(
    Did you actually purchase that tri-stripe decal for the front spoiler or was it custom created?

3. m73

m73 Active Member

I recall speaking about AC decals recently — car looks great

That first spring drive will be memorable — please do share if/when it happens—

-Mo

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  4. Atavistic

Atavistic Active Member Site Donor $$

I purchased a complete set from Ben at CSI.

Two things to know:

- the band is probably a few mm wider than I would like it to be. I have seen other pictures on the web where the band his the air holes. On mine it looks fine but it is a tight fit. If you could find one slightly smaller you could be better off. My air dam looks standard but the air holes were initially not cut out for some reason? Even though it and the filled air dams were featured on the front cover of the UK classic car mag - I don't know why this is so and if anyone has background that would be appreciated.
    - this version doesn't have the words csl on the centre front - which I prefer as a little over the top - though others have it

I am back in Syd in two weeks if you wish to inspect, else you know where to visit!

5. Mal CSL 3.0

Let' do a drive locally in coming weeks when it's ready.

There is also The German Auto Day, 28 Oct in Earlwood (Gough Whitlam Park). I was planning to attend this, but the forecast on that day is currently rain, so will wait and see.

The council are very picky at that display ground, as the grass does become easily waterlogged after rain. The Sydney Italian Concorso d'Eleganza has now been cancelled twice the night before by the council recently! Now rescheduled again for 11th Nov so hopefully 3rd time lucky.

6. Atavistic

Atavistic Active Member Site Donor $$

After a new oil sensor from Germany and a caliper seam seal repair, IMG-7365.JPG IMG-7372.JPG IMG-7364.JPG we are finally back on the road to look for more difficult to fix gremlins.
    With the exception of a missing horn part - see post, everything seems to be in good order. So I am adding some running in miles every weekend for the foreseeable future.

Thanks again to everyone for your very generous and expert help over the years! Also a special thank you to those who supplied parts. There is still much to do (including cataloging and selling off spare parts - so will be back in touch soon). As always improvement suggestions welcome! View attachment 56197 View attachment 56198 View attachment 56199 View attachment 56197 View attachment 56198 View attachment 56199

Some quick snaps - will post a more comprehensive set in a few weeks.

Bmachine and Frankie123 like this.
  7. Mal CSL 3.0

Looks absolutely exceptional David. Well done.

8. JohnFBD

JohnFBD Active Member

Looks stunning, great job looking forward to seeing her in person!

9. Peter Coomaraswamy

Peter Coomaraswamy Well-Known Member Site Donor $

View My Garage
    A truly beautiful car, enjoy it safely after all the work that went into her!

10. Gazz

Gazz Active Member Site Donor

Impressive result.

11. Marc-M

Marc-M Active Member

Outstanding...