CSL Scheel rear seat dimensions

NilsH

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all!

I need your help with some dimensions of the rear seat of the CSL Scheel type cloth.
Background: I want to change my interior to a more "CSL-ish" type. I've managed to get hold of the front bucket seats in good shape and the plan is to let an upholsterer try to replicate the rear seat using the standard seat. For that I need some dimension shown in the picture (A - G). I guess a measuring tape is the best tool. So CSL-owners, try your back seat for once, please :)

If anyone knows where to source cloth and vinyl, actually, any comments if you have experience from doing this are appreciated.

Many thanks!!

BMW-3.0-CSL-measurements2.jpg

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm in need of the CSL rear seat-measurements as well, would be very appreciated if someone could share.

And Nils, I got the (closest to) original Scheel cloth + BMW vinyl from Gerrit. Don't know if he currently have more to sell.
Send him an email and ask:
[email protected]

Cheers,

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sure, no problem reposting such photos. Guess they wanted to keep the original CSL AC delete console look so they put an air handler in the trunk. Hmm, ugly wheels too.
Good luck in finding your fabric.

NilsH

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just some feedback after measuring a reupholstered rear seat at a fellow E9-er.
A = 150 mm (measured from a virtual horizontal top line, not along the curvature)
B = 155 mm
C = 235 mm
D = 100 mm
E = 135 mm
F = 220 mm
G = 280 mm

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just some feedback after measuring a reupholstered rear seat at a fellow E9-er.
A = 150 mm (measured from a virtual horizontal top line, not along the curvature)
B = 155 mm
C = 235 mm
D = 100 mm
E = 135 mm
F = 220 mm
G = 280 mm

Thanks for sharing, Nils!