Reaction score
Moderator edit:

Just saw this

BA50CF51-FE39-4937-AA02-ACBA1E4C0FE1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If Canepa worked on it he will likely need a big dollar sale to break even.

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
I feel like those sellers who live in beautiful pastoral settings are at a decided disadvantage in BAT auctions because they can't picture their cars in industrial squalor chic.
Agree, but the hyper-reality of this actual photo is off-putting. It’s the visual equivalent of auto tuning in music. What you end up with doesn’t appear in nature.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agree, but the hyper-reality of this actual photo is off-putting. It’s the visual equivalent of auto tuning in music. What you end up with doesn’t appear in nature.
They aren't selling reality and as some of the outrageous sale prices show, being sold a vision of romance, collect-ability and cars & coffee worthiness is all it takes...

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Driving around LA sprawl showing Camrys blowing by it. Intimating misfortune is the reason the seller is letting it go. This person Jay should take it back and sell it himself. He knows the car, he likes the car and there is nothing phony about it.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
OMG ! Cheesy Video, incorrect statements - but I guess it appeals to some out there, certainly seems too - . I wish the owner well - and this is no refection on him/her or what seems like a very nice CSL - but I understand this seller takes something like 20% of the sale price o_O so I hope the owner hits it out of the park.......I have to believe, the actual owner selling with correct statements and none of the smoke and mirrors cheesy nonsense, would hit the correct audience or buyer on a nice CSL like this one here.

Genuine buyers who understand these cars, might well be turned off before they even start with this (I would), but maybe its just me and my old fashioned wish for genuine people and correct facts, silly me I know.

Last edited: