CSL soon to be on BAT

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
OMG ! Cheesy Video, incorrect statements - but I guess it appeals to some out there, certainly seems too - . I wish the owner well - and this is no refection on him/her or what seems like a very nice CSL - but I understand this seller takes something like 20% of the sale price o_O so I hope the owner hits it out of the park.......I have to believe, the actual owner selling with correct statements and none of the smoke and mirrors cheesy nonsense, would hit the correct audience or buyer on a nice CSL like this one here.

Genuine buyers who understand these cars, might well be turned off before they even start with this (I would), but maybe its just me and my old fashioned wish for genuine people and correct facts, silly me I know.

Watching him drive that poor CSL 40mph in the right lane of a busy street in LA: Cringe! :(

A8587594-F5C3-42AF-950F-1A3A7B952B7F.jpeg

The only thing worse was listening to to all of those rattles in the car. Sounded like the microphone was on the dash tray next to a few loose screwdrivers. Doing the sale no favors IMO.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
If this was just a resto mod, the off putting delivery and inaccurate description wouldn't be a huge deal but with a car that has a very limited, knowledgeable market that puts a premium on accurate details, it's probably not going to help "Jay" get top dollar.... But then again, who knows. The market is crazy right now...

Based on everything I've seen on BaT, to get top dollar, he'd jack it up, put 33" mudders on, drop a coyote motor in, add tartan seat centers and call it a Safari CSL....some idiot would fork over 400k to drive it to cars and coffee and thump his chest...

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Unless it's another car, - it is now live:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What amazes me is that all those folks interested in these cars should at the least be aware of this forum and ask/ check for opinions from those who know more that the average buyer before throwing out large sums of monies.
This car has all the obvious superficial mistakes like the kidney grill, foam Petri, 10 hole rims and CS sunshades painted black, front and rear valance in black, face lift window switches/ circuit breakers, carpets, poor fender inner seams, poor trunk paint job…….and surely plenty more.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
What amazes me is that all those folks interested in these cars should at the least be aware of this forum and ask/ check for opinions from those who know more that the average buyer before throwing out large sums of monies.
This car has all the obvious superficial mistakes like the kidney grill, foam Petri, 10 hole rims and CS sunshades painted black, front and rear valance in black, face lift window switches/ circuit breakers, carpets, poor fender inner seams, poor trunk paint job…….and surely plenty more.

Honestly, those (along with painted arches) can all be addressed by the buyer if desired, with a little headache. I take exception to the “one of the most beautiful csl’s in existence” crap from the video. The car is very pretty, but not in the same ballpark with the top 1973 polaris citypack CSL’s.

DF2808C8-A382-4E07-89CB-0C0E58460A7E.jpeg
7C2FE554-87F0-404D-9B8D-E47245FE3389.jpeg
F0C77406-0BFF-431A-BC0C-020740FFDB2F.jpeg

shanon

Reaction score
Gruppe:

What are the two red buttons? Aftermarket/dealer installed circuit breakers (hacks)?

I ask because my E3 has them too and they seem to be after market mods. When I was cleaning, noticed when depressed, one shut off my power windows (insert WTF remarks a I tried to close the windows).
Not sure what the second does, not ready to find out yet... ;)

TIA
-s

1633104206595.png

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
those can all be addressed by the buyer if desired

Yes, but even for their lower estimated asking price of 250K, such obvious flaws should have been addressed and not left for a future buyer to deal with. the character line is filler made……….. they show the obvious differences at a glance between a L and standard coupes.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Built Sep 72 on the certificate from BMW and those features weren’t introduced until Feb/Mar of 73. It has door card access plugs for sardine can motors so maybe the under panel is from a later car and circuit breakers aren’t connected but that doesn’t explain the switches. And why two green fog light switches?

shanon

Reaction score
Thx for the insight guys.

Another question from a "pre-face lift" owner: so one switch seems to shut off windows, what is the second switch for?