Custom widened Weds!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ll probably still need this, but I think I’ll try the oven trick. These are taking more force than I feel comfortable with.

I have no idea what I was thinking buying such a long piece of all thread. :D
E70FDF1D-77FB-472F-9768-AEFB9FB48126.jpeg

935C6CF3-62D8-4DEB-857F-FD851607911A.jpeg

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
How goes the splitting process?

The top section of my bolts were corroded to the centers and the threaded part was corroded to the barrels so splitting was tough.

Lots of penetrant, wiggle the bolts from the face, apply some heat to the back, more penetrant, repeat. Ultimately if you can get to the point of tapping the bolts out from the back you've won.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
How goes the splitting process?

The top section of my bolts were corroded to the centers and the threaded part was corroded to the barrels so splitting was tough.

Lots of penetrant, wiggle the bolts from the face, apply some heat to the back, more penetrant, repeat. Ultimately if you can get to the point of tapping the bolts out from the back you've won.

I’m a bit distracted with family in town and a hand injury. my wheel is still under tension from the splitter. i bought a pan, some acetone, and atf to soak the wheel. The pan isn’t deep enough though. i might use a tub and just rotate the wheel occasionally. more soon!