D-jetronic injection unit for 3.0 CSI

Jo Andrien

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone suggest where I can find a good complete injection, including the ECU etc. for an 3.0 CSI and what the cost is likely to be. Am I right that the same unit was used in other cars of the era?

Cheers
Frankie
Hi, if you are still looking, I have complete injection system for sale. Regards Jo

Alice Couper

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Today I pulled this D-Jetronic system out of storage. I pulled it from a running, driving 1973 CSi I drove briefly then parted out in about 2006. It was boxed up and has been sitting since then. The fuel pump is also available but stored in another location. The air filter box is not available (but I do have one from an L-Jet). I believe the system is complete except for the air box and fuel pump, but will rely on the experts on this board to weigh in.

82F65326-8835-4A9B-AA05-C697F5184427_1_102_o.jpeg
8C67D683-A3B6-4295-9D6F-02D4A74727C8_1_102_o.jpeg
642A60BC-92A0-46E0-8AEF-46C9B991DBCE_1_102_o.jpeg
20FA6D62-E8D6-49BA-B69D-F8B6D0FCDF21_1_102_o.jpeg
7B2AE00F-AB68-4B5B-A348-58776BD7FD43_1_102_o.jpeg
D85BB9F0-F77D-4B23-B698-E1FCD6DBCD30_1_102_o.jpeg
A5E2462D-17B6-4F1B-A547-D9D608A5E75B_1_102_o.jpeg
296CDB19-F8DD-43F3-BB80-17C131711A16_1_102_o.jpeg
B0B19BC8-DA90-491C-98C5-7A37FC0D4073_1_102_o.jpeg
D5573D38-979E-4DC5-94EE-837A20F86FF4_1_102_o.jpeg
2D320463-08A9-4F23-94E3-D181A9D372EA_1_102_o.jpeg

Jo Andrien

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am thinking about 2500 euro. It is without tank and air filter. For the rest it is complete. If there is interest I will take it out of storage and make pictures. I have several duplicate parts here.

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
To benefit my ignorance, could you please elaborate the reasoning for this? Thanks.
As aussiecsi says, the 123Ignition electronic dizzie is a great upgrade. If you had the opportunity to see the timing mark dance around with a mechanical dizzy, compared to the rock steady timing with the 123, it's obvious. That said, some people have had a negative experience with oil invasion with the 123 through the gear drive shaft. One excellent way around that, and it retains the originality, is to send your dizzy to 123Ignition, and they will install their electronics in your mechanical housing. You get the benefit of original looks, and modern electronics. They send back your mechanical internals along with the modified dizzy.

Beam318ti

Site Donor
Reaction score
As aussiecsi says, the 123Ignition electronic dizzie is a great upgrade. If you had the opportunity to see the timing mark dance around with a mechanical dizzy, compared to the rock steady timing with the 123, it's obvious. That said, some people have had a negative experience with oil invasion with the 123 through the gear drive shaft. One excellent way around that, and it retains the originality, is to send your dizzy to 123Ignition, and they will install their electronics in your mechanical housing. You get the benefit of original looks, and modern electronics. They send back your mechanical internals along with the modified dizzy.

Thanks for the additional details--much appreciated. I will definitely be considering the option above.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional details--much appreciated. I will definitely be considering the option above.
Another good reason to go with the 123: no trigger points which are NLA from BMW and are getting hard to find and $$$.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score

Interesting option.

Do you know if that would be much more expensive or maybe cheaper as we're making the World more green by reuse?

Is it possible locally in Europe or it has to be shipped overseas?

Beam318ti

Site Donor
Reaction score

Pardon my ignorance. . . . I think I would like to keep the working Distributor I currently have as a back-up. However, I have a spare Distributor off an early E24 that could be used as a core for 123ignition to install their electronics. Would this work? Or, does the donor distributor have to be off a CSI. Would like to maintain the stock look with no oil leaking issues.

Last edited:

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance. . . . I think I would like to keep the working Distributor I currently have as a back-up. However, I have a spare Distributor off an early E24 that could be used as a core for 123ignition to install their electronics. Would this work? Or, does the donor distributor have to be off a CSI. Would like to maintain the stock look with no oil leaking issues.
The d-jet distributor has trigger points
Not sure if the e24 distributor has same trigger point set-up as d-jet

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interesting option.

Do you know if that would be much more expensive or maybe cheaper as we're making the World more green by reuse?
I did this for my 2002Tii...it was €500 compared to the €350 or so for the bluetooth version. My E9 has the new version installed from the seller's rebuild. If my new E9 unit ever suffers the oil invasion, I will send 123 my original dizzy for the swap of electronics.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
So it is more expensive to give them part for rework.

Thanks Willem for price ballpark indication.

JohnFBD

Reaction score
I'm also looking for injection parts for a 72 CSL that was used for a track car, hence lots of the parts were removed and replaced with all sorts of parts. I'm trying to get her back to original. I have the intake/throttle body, fuel rail and a distributor base (no cap, leads and conduit) and that's it. The fuel pump is there but looks pretty tired, no ECU, air pressure sensor and I'm sure the experts can tell me what else is missing?

Any assistance in finding the missing parts would be fantastic!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Friday afternoon for you.
I have all the parts for CSI’s
Shipping is a pain to OZ