Dash Gauges rather than Clock

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
not for me

if i can tell you my honest opinion, i would not change the clock, nor any other item from the original instrument cluster, for me it is so well and beautifully balanced,...

for me is not only the difficulty of finding a gauge set that can replace the clock in an aesthetic way ( the examples shown here are really good ), but also the idea that the clock itself needs a place in such a time-period car

anyway i have also considered the need of a cross-checking of the most critical working values: temp, oil press, volts,..., so yes i have installed some extra gauges in the central console area as an independent feature trying to give the whole thing a seventies sports car looking

anyway, is only my opinion, sure

regards

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I see your point and agree to a certain extent. It is very Elegant. (you did a very nice job on your setup) I have tried some gauges I already own in the same position as yours, and like the look, but do not want to lose the wood lined cubby that is in quite good shape on my car. Also having the gauges in the line of site is useful. At any rate, I will only be playing with a spare fuel gauge I bought on Ebay. I will keep the clock in good shape and will probably repair it. I Was thinking of supplying it with 12 Volts and having it sit on my desk in it's own housing.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am working on a stealth design where I will have oil temp and volt gauges recessed into the speaker cavity but can still be covered by the stock speaker grille - hidden when it's in place for the classic look, visible when removed for an extended drive.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am working on a stealth design where I will have oil temp and volt gauges recessed into the speaker cavity but can still be covered by the stock speaker grille - hidden when it's in place for the classic look, visible when removed for an extended drive.

that will be beautiful !
i was thinking on putting them inside the glove-box, but it was too complicated so finally...
you must show us your results !
regards

duane_sword

Reaction score