Dash material.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott,

I remember mention of this in one of your videos - very brief. Please confirm, is it the flat piece of vinyl that serves as the shelf, or is it the curved dash pieces. If it is the flap part, just about anyone with glue and vinyl could do it.

I am not sure but I believe that is the case. I talked to the wood guy yesterday and he seems to think it is much more complicated than I had hoped. Hope to get more information today. The car is being painted today. Video expected later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Getting the vinyl taken care of is the last step in my mini restoration that I have not had any real progress with. I have left to the end because I am told it should not be that big of a deal but now I am getting nervous. Should I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you replace the vinyl? How did it come out?

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
The vinyl that Just Dashes uses wouldn't work for you, they heat it and vacuum apply it, if 'you' do it manually you will probably have some seams
I had just J Dashes do mine and it is not great

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
The vinyl that Just Dashes uses wouldn't work for you, they heat it and vacuum apply it, if 'you' do it manually you will probably have some seams
I had just J Dashes do mine and it is not great
No? You don’t like your dash? I was planning to drop off my parts after everyone kept pointing them out as best option?