Dash Wood Pattern

AristonSpeedShop

Reaction score
20200328_152148.jpg

Pic of the motor progress. Custom higher compression pistons. All machine work done by "McCabe Motorsports" here in Colorado Springs. Head are ported with 3 angle valve job and higher lift cam. Just "some" of the upgrades I am doing.

AristonSpeedShop

Reaction score
Here is where I am on the body and paint. 180gt block sand next. It is going to super straight and show quality when finished. Bunch of the trim is out for polish and I can wait to start putting this back together. I love the lines on these cars. Upholstery guy is working on the seats right now.

20200325_152118.jpg

AristonSpeedShop

Reaction score
Will scan and send to you tomorrow. As far as the bottom piece, take a look at http://www.vranedom.com/wood/wood.html. We can probably extract the correct dimensions from one of these photos (I have Bobcad and can digitize photos). Just tell me what you need.

I need the flat part on the dash, and the curved part. For some reason the "grille" survived but in in bad need of some sealer, kind of dry.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here is where I am on the body and paint. 180gt block sand next. It is going to super straight and show quality when finished.

Did you start with a euro e24 valance or an aftermarket valance? I know someone looking for one of these. I know that they are sold in your home state but he was looking for other options.

AristonSpeedShop

Reaction score
Did you start with a euro e24 valance or an aftermarket valance? I know someone looking for one of these. I know that they are sold in your home state but he was looking for other options.

We got this one from the guy in Colorado, I can't remember his name, my partner in the car picked it up. I had to do WAY TOO much work to it to get it to fit, shortened on side, pie'd it to get rid of a wicked twist, and lengthen one leg. If it had not sat in storage for a year I would have returned it.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a lower flat dash I could probably sell you, and the curved parts for cores
I would suggest buying the pieces from some one
The problem with the lower part is that there are complex fittings on the bottom, I was going to make a new one but decided it was easier to re-laminate mine, which was a ton of work, but still easier I think
And the problem with the upper vertical parts is getting every thing to fit
I bought new ones from bela which are great, but they are slightly differnt than the ones that came out and therefore caused me a lot of grief
You can call or email me if you want, I will send you a PM

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
We got this one from the guy in Colorado, I can't remember his name, my partner in the car picked it up. I had to do WAY TOO much work to it to get it to fit, shortened on side, pie'd it to get rid of a wicked twist, and lengthen one leg. If it had not sat in storage for a year I would have returned it.

Thanks for the info. Yeah that is what he is trying to avoid.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like an E24 valence, not necc euro as it is /was identical to that on my U.S. M6.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like an E24 valence, not necc euro as it is /was identical to that on my U.S. M6.

I’ll try not to go down a rabbit hole on stuff I’m not terribly familiar with. My friend is looking for the model where the slats go all the way to the outer edge. The coupeguy bumper basically has filled fog light holes. There are at least two aesthetic styles of e24 valances, ones with fogs and ones with more cooking. Also, the euro ones are very different. Seemingly more coupe friendly as they bolt to the car instead of the big bumper.

AristonSpeedShop

Reaction score
Is your upholstery guy in Colorado? Kit or are they making everything?
thanks
Upholstery guy is here in Colo Springs. Good guy, Mex Guy, a little challenging on the communication front, but does nice work at a good price. he is baseball stitching everything, black and tan style seats, and using OEM BMW fabric. He did the dash parts already and they look great. WE are taking a few liberties with materials and such. Basket weaver durable material on back of front seats, looks right and good.

AristonSpeedShop

Reaction score
I’ll try not to go down a rabbit hole on stuff I’m not terribly familiar with. My friend is looking for the model where the slats go all the way to the outer edge. The coupeguy bumper basically has filled fog light holes. There are at least two aesthetic styles of e24 valances, ones with fogs and ones with more cooking. Also, the euro ones are very different. Seemingly more coupe friendly as they bolt to the car instead of the big bumper.

I am using the front bumper as well, new mounts too. I turned both bumpers from three parts into single streamlined bumpers with no rubber. Like a '70's corvette if you will. They look awesome and more like what should have been. I am almost ready to take them in for chrome. I have mounted them and scribed the body to them so the gap is perfect. Lots of work. The chrome guy gave guided me on what he wants to make them good.