Demographic research

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Add me to the under 40 demographic. I bought my coupe a year ago, and have been buying parts since to support the restoration.

I'll graph anything you want, and it will look beautiful. It's the graphing tool, not me. :) I really want to do some work against the e9-driven data!

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bought my first of five coupes when I was 29. Each time I've sold one it was because I had another one in mind. I plan on leaving my coupe to my son since he's a BMW guy too.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bought when I was 47....14 years ago

Curious, most coupe owners I have met are 6' or taller. Go back and edit to add your height... I am 6'2"

Rek

Reaction score
Bought my first of five coupes when I was 29. Each time I've sold one it was because I had another one in mind. I plan on leaving my coupe to my son since he's a BMW guy too.

Hang on - I've cannot see the maths to get to your age. As cryptic as you want, but let us work it out.

Rek

Reaction score

Hang on - I've cannot see the maths to get to your age. As cryptic as you want, but let us work it out.

73E9er

Reaction score
Another old f&*t

Purchased my coupe in 1999 at age 53 (I'm now 70). Drive it around 2-3 times/week, and to many car gatherings yearly. Took it to the BMW CCA Oktoberfest in Beaver Creek in 2014 (3600 miles, round trip, from Portland, OR) and on an extended tour with the BMW V&CCCA throughout BC/Alberta in 2011 (3300 miles). Revisiting parts of that trip this summer. The car never fails to garner attention and my wife and I love to chronicle its, and BMW's, history.

Attachments

• DSCN0024.JPG
    DSCN0024.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 129

Bwana

Reaction score
Bought mine in November of 2011, I was 53. I can blame Shawn out in the Bay, I saw his and had to have one. I mostly remember Bavaria's from my youth (got one of those too), don't remember the Coupe. Glad I got one now

rodspock

Reaction score
I purchased my inka E9 when aged 21 in the end of 1988.

My inspiration came from a magnificent golf yellow car I saw in Sydney and another at a car yard in Brookvale - loved the shape.

Approaching 30 years with the car. Currently a demographic busting 49 - but I will soon be in "that" demographic.

Cheers,

Rod

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I acquired my e9 at age 56, but I lusted over Annabelle rather than drooling over her. So, put me in the lusting column of your spreadsheet.

BimmerBud

Reaction score
I'm 68, bought my first BMW from my mom in 1971 ('70 2002) because my Italian exotic car was always breaking something and her 2002 always ran. I always loved the sexy shape of the CS coupes, but like many of you could never afford one back when they were being made. Eleven BMWs later, I bought my '71 2800CS three+ years ago.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I rode in first first coupe when the 2800 cs was introduced at the Brussels auto show around 1969. Love at first sight at a very young age.

I bought my first coupe after racing Tii's with Carl Nelson and Bill Holmes in 1990 at age 33.

I bought my second one last year after our last kid left for college.

As far as height, Stan, I am also 6'2 / 1.88m.

GGR

Reaction score
I am 49 and I've owned my '72 3.0 csi since the late 90s. It had been lying at a breaker's yard for two years in the south of France after having been flooded up to the roof. The breaker hadn't had the heart to part out such a beautiful car. It was quite some work to bring it back to life but I've been enjoying it for many years now.

I now live in the US and I noted that owners of a given model tend to be a few years older in the US than in Europe. I think this is because in Europe people collect cars they have seen during their childhood while in the US people collect the ones that were around when they started driving as teenagers.

Last edited:

italiangerman

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm 65, acquired my first e9 in 2012. Currently 6'1.5", formerly 6'3". Age is helping me fit in more neat cars.