DIY - Chassis reinforcement ideas

One thing I notice when driving the car hard on tight twisted roads is that the chassis flexes. As I’m about to get my car repainted I was wondering what people have found to be the most useful for chassis strengthening. I know Coupeking is doing that almost as standard procedure. A lot of the work seems to be around adding welds to things like the rear wheel well to the bulkhead behind the rear seats. I’ve also seen a triangle shape being added in the engine bay between the frame rail and the firewall.

Does anyone have any experience to share in that area?

Last edited:

xjan99

Reaction score
image from VSR1 website

side.png

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
image from VSR1 website

View attachment 133176

I think as @eriknetherlands has pointed out, that's better than nothing but not much. If you are building a modified coupe, I don't understand the reluctance to build a custom, well fitted, leather wrapped roll bar. I've seen some fitted very tightly and almost dissappear and there's no questioning the strength and rigidity they add. Obviously, you wouldn't want to do it to an original resto but for a high horsepower build, it might provide the strength needed and eliminate some of the inherent flexiness...