Dutch E9 (CSi) on BAT

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score

Although the seller has quite a reputation selling 2002s I guess:

Looks pretty solid, although not sure if that is goober or typical look of that corner. It's prolly OK:

1974_bmw_3-0csi_15722870355f5bf3175_DSC_1746.jpg

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Never seen these before.

Definitely would help with rock chips; not so sure about anything else other than hiding what's underneath.

1974_bmw_3-0csi_15722871356a628c372f199_DSC_1774.jpg

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've seen those covers before years ago. Not sure they would help much given the wheelwell opening is still there. Looks like a very nice car in a great color. The interior is cool and the fabric is much better for spirited driving...

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just read the feedback. Looks like this dealer is known for questionable practices. Buyer beware...

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Those plates are on all e9s or they were originally. I don't think that interior is original to the car. Doesn't match what they were doing in October 73.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Prevent stuff from getting into hard to clean areas

They are infact very important as they keep the debris onslaught from the rockers...... Lokaris help even more but the purpose to protect the A pillar construction and the rockers were what these are intended for

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car is very pretty. I love the interior.

The seller states repeatedly that the paint is original, save for the front end. Can someone educate me on the quality of 1970’s original BMW paint jobs? Should one see orange peel on the original paint? It appears to me that the quality of the original panels closely match the resprayed sections. Obviously all of the wheel wells and the underside of the tire well was resprayed.

73B9FF00-1DFE-4BC7-BC9F-F66D64B6D839.jpeg
87009F15-0302-4646-A53F-4369614ACBBC.jpeg
7069CD18-AF8F-45B1-B30B-199147282465.jpeg
BB45CA4F-BAF2-4049-82B2-CDA2455981DC.jpeg

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I find it very hard to believe that any paint on this car is original. Not a chip or any significant surface scratches? He appears to have a history of embellishment...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree Mark, the front paint is horrible and the rear paint looks the same. You have to be a really good painter to match horrible paint. Just sayin'.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Even if the original paint was that bad, SOMEONE in the last 45 years would have paint corrected it...

Last edited:

Lowell Paddock

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did BMW use model years, the way that US brands did? If not, I’m surprised that a car delivered in Oct ‘73 is labeled a ‘74. Also, does anyone have any info on the add-on Blaupunkt push button radio tuner? I have one of these, but no manual and would like someday to figure out how it actually works!

dbower

Reaction score
Did BMW use model years, the way that US brands did? If not, I’m surprised that a car delivered in Oct ‘73 is labeled a ‘74. Also, does anyone have any info on the add-on Blaupunkt push button radio tuner? I have one of these, but no manual and would like someday to figure out how it actually works!

Check with Ingo Prangenberg at http://www.vintageblau.com/

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like a shortwave adapter? If so the antenna plugs into it and is connected by the audio accessory DIN plug on the back of the radio.

Also, does anyone have any info on the add-on Blaupunkt push button radio tuner? I have one of these, but no manual and would like someday to figure out how it actually works!

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Regarding model years, I think most European countries labeled the 'year' of the car as the year in which that specific car was first sold and registered by a private owner. Thus, two cars produced on August 8th 1972 could have drastically different 'model years' if one car was purchased on September 20th 1972 and the other car first purchased on February 5th 1973.

Gary

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
The cool radio is a predecessor to the Bamberg Electronic. The knobs on the unit underneath are presets. I forget if you pull them out and turn the knobs to tune and push in to lock into a station or something like that. At any rate, an outstanding radio (for the 14 inch wheel crowd)!