E9 CS 3.0 alpina

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Why is that justifiable? Surely he'd want to tap our collective brains for advice?
Having something valuable makes you a target. He could have walked into an embassy in Turkey and asked to sign off the title...

I once thought I could get a 1938 BMW 327 to restore, contacted a few owners and resources and they advised me to lay low on that car.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's Friday here and my brain is frazzled, so cut me some slack :) but I don't understand your enigmatic response. Why would you lay low on trying to buy a car? How else do you expect to find one?
It is Friday here now. Fonzy is not trying to buy a car, he inherited a car and then realized it is a very unique and valuable car. I speculate that he went underground as part of the process of bringing this car back to life without taking the risk of the car disappearing or something. He may not be able to afford the insurance premium for the car he inherited, who knows.

In my case I discovered the pre-war BMW, did a fair amount of research on how to restore it, and then negotiated with the barn find owner the idea of me funding the restoration so we would co-own the car. In the process I found an incredible restoration done in Germany of a pre-war 328, and they were very paranoid and not identify owner and where the car was. If they are paranoid in Germany, a country of law, imagine the risks in other locales with a weaker police.

PS: San Francisco example, I could not get the police's mindshare for reporting my daughter's car vandalized. San Francisco just recalled their DA (Chesa Boudin) who had some weird priorities on what laws are worth enforcing. Chesa being the son of "Weather Underground" parents, private property was not top of his mind.

Last edited: