HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Last edited:

3.0CS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all:

I am still alive but doing slow progress on the car. Engine bay is painted, same as most components and we are in the process of assembling, but there is one part which I cannot fit back and the pics I took on dissasembly are not helping, so I am posting a pic here hoping somebody can help.

There is an electric relay that I don't remember how to attach (yellow arrow on the left, pointing to a hole and grommet like if it would need to be fixed with a screw), and there is a sort of clip under the electrical relays (red arrow) on the left side of the car where I suppose it goes, but I cannot figure out how...

Also, there is another yellow arrow at the right pointing to an electrical conection for another relay. What function should this be for?

Thanks!
victor

Attachments

• 13.12, 1974 BMW 3.0CS, vmg (6).jpg
    13.12, 1974 BMW 3.0CS, vmg (6).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 177

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
David; indeed the nuts and bolts are W&N

To answer the question below; yes, the nuts and bolts are W&N.

Herewith, copied from their website;

Catalog picture / Position no. 41/01/00

A07139790008

Special offer price valid: 2/9/14
instead of€79.00
Your price:€69.00 Incl. VAT + Shipping(Excl. VAT €57.98

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the black relay is the high beam relay and it is attached where the red arrow is pointed. In my car the first relay space is empty as in your picture. I think if you take off the silver box-voltage regulator- you will find a place to screw in the receptor for the high-beam relay, otherwise it should slide into that holder (red arrow) somehow. I will see if I can snap a shot of mine later-

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
PS 3.0 really nice looking clean up of the engine area. Mine is a 74 CS as well, so maybe some of the pics I post will help you.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Didn't 74's have the low beams relayed by then? Or does your car have fog lights? The wiring looks original though.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Relays are pretty easy to identify, yellow wire is for low beam which was added for 74, white wire is high beam, from the Regulator it should be horn relay, high beam relay and then low beam closest to radiator. That black relay must have have been added or is for injection system if present, can't say for sure.

3.0CS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hmmmmm... My car has no fog lights and it has never had an injection system. The wiring to the relay all comes within the same original harness, so it is something that came originally with the car. Mistery continues...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So the front socket is likely the low beam circuit

Hmmmmm... My car has no fog lights and it has never had an injection system. The wiring to the relay all comes within the same original harness, so it is something that came originally with the car. Mistery continues...

3.0CS

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will have to check on that. Lights worked perfectly without it... In fact everything except the seat belt system(warning light or buzzer) did.

Merry Christmas to all

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
David, most likely. Just buy all of one brand, they don't need to be BMW, the Gemis and Norma's are just as cool looking and much cheaper.

Is there a list somewhere of all the hose clamp sizes or P/N's I would need to replace them all (carbed CS) ?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not that I know of, but if you go to Penske and find all the clamps you need one by one it will say the size needed (and number needed in some cases), for example this radiator hose clamp:

07129952119 HOSE CLAMP - L42-48

the L42-48 is the mm range.

Or this fuel line clamp:

13531257243 HOSE CLAMP - D=12MM

Is there a list somewhere of all the hose clamp sizes or P/N's I would need to replace them all (carbed CS) ?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve has pointed you in the right direction. Once you have sizes I went to Mesa Performance. However, Belmetric has all of these, I am a nut and always make sure they are the same brand such as Gemi so they look identical. Mesa will have a mixture of brands usually.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Years ago I thought, "I'll get a cool old car and drive it around on the weekend. Nothing fancy, just something fun". I'm now shopping for correct and matched hose clamps.

this is just pathetic

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Years ago I thought, "I'll get a cool old car and drive it around on the weekend. Nothing fancy, just something fun". I'm now shopping for correct and matched hose clamps.

this is just pathetic

Hahaha! I was the same way then I met Chris Macha, saw his coupe and got "infected"
I can say that, the driving experience is great, the camaraderie is awesome and I get a degree of satisfaction from seeing my coupe in a much better state than it was 12 years ago.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

this is just pathetic

I've had my Coupe for a year, and it's been a slippery slope for sure.