Engine Under Tray

Stefan

Reaction score
I'm having my "from factory installed" under tray hanging on my garage wall like an expensive original painting :)
Just joking! since I'd done the total renovation in the engine bay (engine + other) by myself and frequently need to see if anything works Ok. Since things working perfect for the last years I could seal it with the under tray. But as Lens asked, it's not crystal clear how to install the tray in the front. I also need correct fastener.

DerSchwede

Reaction score
Stefan, just put in on top of the front valance and use 6 screws through the existing original holes in the valance. Once you're on to it it's quite self-explaining.

I have a NOS engine under tray stored in the garage, I'll try to make some additional photos this weekend.

Cheers
Anders

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
The problem I'm having is that the tray (with speed nuts attached) will not fit behind (or above) the valence... The notches in the front part of the tray do not conform to the frame structure above/near the valence. Will try again this weekend!

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stefan, just put in on top of the front valance and use 6 screws through the existing original holes in the valance. Once you're on to it it's quite self-explaining.

I have a NOS engine under tray stored in the garage, I'll try to make some additional photos this weekend.

Cheers
Anders

Then the speed nuts would have to be attached to the valence, and not the tray...

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
recognition to john aka "jvrenaudom"

hi

undertray repro from john arrived

i would like to post the feedback of this purchase here to somehow close the circle

nice, fantastic, superb, amazing,...undsoweiter

john was great to deal with, i talked to him in the phone while i was in london in october, just after he emailed me saying that one part was available, really he made my day, i was on a toast, butter and marmelade breakfast near the british museum and we talked about the part, quality, how to install,... nice tips and explanations from a "connoiseur"

he was very kind to accept an odd way of payment that was good for me, being in the city and with some pound notes in my pocket

i was delighted with the experience, but that was only the beginning, a hand full of days later the box arrived, excellent preparation and strong parcel reinforced for a safe delivery

the part looks gorgeous, i have seen the original part in pictures, and this one is a full detailed copy with a huge improvement as to the quality and performance of the material, strong, light and virtually watertight forever

he made it in black, what is the right thing for this application, and a plus when you work with GRP that is usually white, good SS brackets and rivets and screws complete the kit.

i have been witness of a reproduction also made in GRP of this part in my last trip to germany, and no way, cheap, miserable copy when compared to this marvel that john offers

moreover, i will tell you that i got a quotation from a friend expert in GRP process of how much will cost to reproduce this, considering that you have to create a mold and then produce the parts, so i can tell you that the price of this reproduction part is absolutely fair

it will be a while until i will be ready for the assembly, but i will post a little write up, for sure

thanks john, see you soon in london

pictures of box and part:

Last edited:

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
Front undertray

deQuincey, Thank you for the feedback. I owe you a sardine supper on the quay in Mutriku!

Seriously, I am presently awaiting a further 4 of these undertrays for sale - they should be with me before the end of the month if anyone is interested. From memory, the undertray is £150 and carriage varies from about £25 (West Europe) to £75 to Oz but don't hold me to these figures just yet. Best wishes, John

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
image of the assembly

as to assess about the assembly of this wonder

not mine, but three years ago i took this pic anticipating my further work on the front undertray, wise i am,...oh !

ok, i see, you know the car, ...what else ? ;-)

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
Undertray

Just wondering if it is worthwhile getting any more of these undertrays made before my producer retires for good. I seem to have fulfilled all firm orders placed and I only have one undertray left for sale. Please let me know of any further interest or potential interest. I am best contacted on [email protected]. Current cost is £150 apiece plus between £15 (UK) and £75 (Oz) for P&P. Best wishes for Christmas, John