Enough

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bob,
Thanks for the clarification of the full comments by Trump. Those were the words I heard as well.

Most any phrase can be taken out of context and in many cases, it can significantly change the overall message. It is done too often in our country (by both 'tribes') which exacerbates divisiveness.
To me, there is a big difference between someone stumbling over the words on teleprompter that he is reading for the first time and what he adlibs.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sooner, the thread is "Off Topic" - this certainly qualifies. When I see an Off Topic thread I am not interested in or don't want to read about I ignore it.
Except that if and when politics enters the conversation there's a very narrow path that's acceptable. It's too easy to get personal, and it goes against the whole idea of this forum. It's best to just not allow political topics.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I see nothing offensive or concerning about the posts thus far. Keep it civil folks!

FYI - I am officially in charge of this thread. If it gets locked, it is my fault for quoting Trump out of
context. :)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I hear + agree what you say about keeping politics out of it, and i will do my best. i am reminded of a long poem from Lawrence Ferlinghetti - 'I am waiting' ... its a good read and somewhat relevant even though it was written in 1958. but what i am waiting to see is for our governments to find common bonds from both sides and just do the right thing ... to regain common sense ... to unite rather than divide ... to celebrate the best of individuals and see how it adds to the collective. if government could do its job, perhaps it could be almost invisible. if does me good to see multi-race participation in peaceful protesting. history will remind us that throughout the world, revolution has risen when the majority of the people have not been represented or displaced for the betterment of a few. its quite simple, yes black lives matter ... brown lives matter - but the pivot, is perhaps to be correct, that ALL lives matter - and most importantly, equally. We as a people need to care about more than ourselves and care about the success, safety and happiness of all.

okay, i yield the soapbox ...

one more thing ... i just saw an interesting piece on CBS Sunday Morning from Ted Koppel ... 'how the world now sees us'. its worth a listen

Last edited:

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I here + agree what you say about keeping politics out of it, and i will do my best. i am reminded of a long poem from Lawrence Ferlinghetti - 'I am waiting' ... its a good read and somewhat relevant even though it was written in 1958. but what i am waiting to see is for our governments to find common bonds from both sides and just do the right thing ... to regain common sense ... to unite rather than divide ... to celebrate the best of individuals and see how it adds to the collective. if government could do its job, perhaps it could be almost invisible. if does me good to see multi-race participation in peaceful protesting. history will remind us that throughout the world, revolution has risen when the majority of the people have not been represented or displaced for the betterment of a few. its quite simple, yes black lives matter ... brown lives matter - but the pivot, is perhaps to be correct, that ALL lives matter - and most importantly, equally. We as a people need to care about more than ourselves and care about the success, safety and happiness of all.

okay, i yield the soapbox ...

one more thing ... i just saw an interesting piece on CBS Sunday Morning from Ted Koppel ... 'how the world now sees us'. its worth a listen
Excellent post and even more excellent link. Ted Koppel has always been one of the very smartest men in the room and that has not changed.

Last edited: