Finally Saying Hi!

tmason

Reaction score
It must feel good to get it running after all the years.Side markers on the rear but not on the front seems odd?Please show photo's of the interior when you get a chance. Thanks

E9Pilot

Reaction score
Good to see you have your priorities straight!

Haha! Beer and friends can certainly get in the way of the projects.

LOL!!!! I thought they were part of the heater! yes, now I see it.

No worries, it is a fairly rough picture too.

HBChris: Good call! I already put it on the registry. It is definitely a USA version by VIN. It is a late '71 build making it a '72 model year.

Tmason: It does, I think there may have been a victory dance in the shop that night, but luckily nobody saw it or can prove it. :wink:

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Brendan: Sorry for the slow response. Life gets in the way from time-to-time. It is good to hear of another pilot with the same BMW addiction as I have. I have the same ratings and was working on my CFI also. I found another gig in the aviaiton world that kept me flying but not as the primary part of the job. I am in Aviation Insurance. I usually am able to rent a C172 or C182 to go on field trips for he job and visit clients. It is a nice perk.

Awesome. The owner of my company and I are working on leasing an RV12 back to a flight school, and hopefully getting an employee rate of $60/hr wet. If we can nail that, I'll be up in the air more often.

As it sits, most of my disposable income has been funneled into my Coupe. It's $500 here, $200 there, yada yada.

Glad to hear yours is coming along!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Common to have reflectors on the rear and front and just the rear. No so common, I have never seen, front but no rear. But I am sure they are out there. Steve

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Common to have reflectors on the rear and front and just the rear. No so common, I have never seen, front but no rear. But I am sure they are out there. Steve

When I got The Great White, I had the fronts removed as they seemed redundant. Years later as part of the bare metal respray, I had the rear reflectors removed.

E9Pilot

Reaction score
Awesome. The owner of my company and I are working on leasing an RV12 back to a flight school, and hopefully getting an employee rate of $60/hr wet. If we can nail that, I'll be up in the air more often.

As it sits, most of my disposable income has been funneled into my Coupe. It's $500 here, $200 there, yada yada.

Glad to hear yours is coming along!

I really like the Vans family of aircraft. Very capable and great kit aircraft. The owners used to know each person that bought an RV from them. I think even up to the first 1,000 or so. Good people. Is your's a kit or a factory build?

E9Pilot

Reaction score
When I got The Great White, I had the fronts removed as they seemed redundant. Years later as part of the bare metal respray, I had the rear reflectors removed.

I didn't know they even came with front reflectors. Learning something new about these beauties every day. I can definitely see the fronts as redundant though.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There was a thread a while back saying the rear reflectors create a visual balance. I take some consolation in that since I forgot to have mine removed when resprayed.
Steve

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
I really like the Vans family of aircraft. Very capable and great kit aircraft. The owners used to know each person that bought an RV from them. I think even up to the first 1,000 or so. Good people. Is your's a kit or a factory build?

Factory built. I did a few trips around the pattern in it and loved it. It's an LSA that outperforms a 172.

We'll see if they can get a few clauses in the lease worked out.