Flag vs. trapezoid mirror ?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
drove 100 miles on Saturday with trap mirrors.
Worse than worthless on a USA car.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m going with traps, euro placement. I’m not sure if I will do a passenger side one. I don’t have one now.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority and I prefer the flag mirrors.

I prefer the flag mirror as well. It seems more modern and in keeping with the coupe, while the trap looks like it belongs on an older car. I think I will put a Vitaloni Sebring mirror on my coupe like the ones seen on some of the racing CSLs. It is small, fits tight to the body, and I think if I painted the body of it the same color as the car it will mask it even further; mirrors really take away from the body lines of a car in my opinion.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I prefer the flag mirror as well. It seems more modern and in keeping with the coupe, while the trap looks like it belongs on an older car. I think I will put a Vitaloni Sebring mirror on my coupe like the ones seen on some of the racing CSLs. It is small, fits tight to the body, and I think if I painted the body of it the same color as the car it will mask it even further; mirrors really take away from the body lines of a car in my opinion.

Like this?

2013-11-05-14-53-15_vitalonisebringstella2.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's some additional ideas from shots I took at Laguna Seca in 2016:

Monterey Adventure 492.jpg
Monterey Adventure 508.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Definitely prefer the mirrors on the Stella CSL as they are closer to the body.

But they require you to look down further. This is probably no big deal on the right, but looking so far down on the left is one of the things I really dislike about the US location for the trapezoid mirror on my car.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a driver's side flag mirror in driver quality condition with plastic gasket for $60 plus shipping.
Request photos.