Fog Lights: Round or Rectangular?

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Clear lens and bulbs. The reflectors are yellow/gold.

583C4157-880D-4DBE-9838-3DACD9B8E938.jpeg

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I really love the look of the lights above the bumper, but haven't wanted to drill holes in an otherwise perfect bumper. There are already holes underneath, hence the cibie purchase.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
there are a couple of systems that avoid drilling the bumper. i bought a set on ebay a while back.

here is one type (haven't tried it) - but it would tighten up onto the bottom of the bumper ... if you over-tighten it might damage the bumper. the adjustable controls looks good and seems robust ... and its 30 bucks. mine is similar to this design, just doesn't sit up as high
1701624657075.jpeg

then there is the type that mounts onto the bumper bracket - i have not tested or measured to see if it would actually fit between the bumper and the apron. always been concerned that the light on the mount wouldn't clear the overrider ... but i always liked the idea. i have wondered if you could use this approach and fabricate a stainless bar that you could mount the lights to it and avoid the bumper and overrider
1701624905907.jpeg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The problem is they allow the lights to bounce while driving - very annoying. I bought a spare center bumper section if I ever want to remove mine. Doubtful though.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a set of the clamp-on style, but recall @Stevehose telling us that the lights bounced. I have seen the clamps used on 2002's, but I cant imagine that the coupe's have sufficient space between the bumper and the body work. Also, I think the frame rails are too far outboard. The best look (in my mind) is on the outside of the lower / center section as Steve shows in his picture.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i also have a spare NOS center section, so i will probably drill my current center section and install them. i might see if i can fabricate something using something with the bracket style (if they fit between the bumper and the apron). you are correct @boonies, they have to be inboard of the overriders.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you could add a stud or some fastener to the rear of the light housing, then you could attach a rod from that through the grill and mount somewhere back there. Then the no-drill brackets might work. Some lights have these attachments but they’re usually the huge ones.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought some clamps that work through the grill for my tii. I didn’t want damage my original bumper. Can’t remember where I got them. But I think off the 2092faq site. The passenger side has a slight vibration at idle. Not driver side. They look nice though. I’ll send a pic when I can.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think it was Pierre, that sold them on that site. Maybe they are still produced.

Attachments

• 5D79EA48-B235-47FB-A2AA-7AA902E13A7C.jpeg
    5D79EA48-B235-47FB-A2AA-7AA902E13A7C.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 18