Free Grab-bag of E9 stuff including good CS seats (It's all gone now)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I need the shaft for the steering column. If the previous requestor does not need the splined shaft I would be happy to work with them :)

Thanks!!

Peter,

If yours is still bent go for it first. Finding parts is one of the few things that I am good at. :D

JetDexter

Site Donor
Reaction score
Okay it looks like this stuff is gone or being shipped today:

Steering Column
Steering Spline Shaft
Brake Protectors
Brake Lever
Seats

Now we are getting down to the really odd stuff, but the rest is still available.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's a little confusing as to whom the steering column went to but if whoever is receiving it would like to part with the splined shaft please PM me.

Many thanks :)

gwittman

Reaction score
Are those steering links I see in the pile? If so I would like to pick them up if any of the rod ends are still tight. I will send a PM too

carcrazy

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm interested in the front and rear springs I'll send a pm

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those are '74/5 seats. IF the chrome on the sides is bad, I have some of those chrome pieces that are very good, but not quite perfect (I think I have 4). I'll throw them in the 'givaway pile' for cost of shipping to whoever 'gets' these seats. Five years ago, I'd have been all over them like frost on a pumpkin.

Cheers,

Gary

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thomas,

I have a set of core seats that I can part sometime next month. I was going to try to sell whole but I’m willing to break them up.
Markos, any progress on the seats? I broke the unlatch mechanism tonight, starting to freak out..
IMG_20200213_190649469.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos, any progress on the seats? I broke the unlatch mechanism tonight, starting to freak out.. View attachment 86417

No not yet. How about I give you the seats for the cost of shipping, and you help others out with any bits they may need. At least one of the blue upper portions is still good. I have cheap shipping...

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
No not yet. How about I give you the seats for the cost of shipping, and you help others out with any bits they may need. At least one of the blue upper portions is still good. I have cheap shipping...
Wow That could work! shipping costs for these hefty seats could be significant despite the discount. I'm up for it if it's not crazy money to ship. I use the term crazy loosely based on experience with e9s of course. ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow That could work! shipping costs for these hefty seats could be significant despite the discount. I'm up for it if it's not crazy money to ship. I use the term crazy loosely based on experience with e9s of course. ;)

Not sure but I will check. I shipped 26lbs to SFBay for $10. Shipped 8lbs (17x17x7) box to AZ yesterday for $10. Both UPS. My card gets held at the retail price then it changes to the discounted amount. So according to the current hold, the AZ box is a 63% discount. My initial guesstimate was $60 for the seats, so that is probably pretty close.

See my shipping FAQ brainstorming thread for ideas about using your employer shipping options. If I ship through the hospital that I consult for, I can do a set of wheels from Seattle to FL for $25. Figure 70-80lbs across two boxes. That was with Fedex, but think of the amount of boxes that hospitals are receiving (using their account). I’d use them but they are a pain to deal with.

Last edited:

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not sure but I will check. I shipped 26lbs to SFBay for $10. Shipped 8lbs (17x17x7) box to AZ yesterday for $10. Both UPS. My card gets held at the retail price then it changes to the discounted amount. So according to the current hold, the AZ box is a 63% discount. My initial guesstimate was $60 for the seats, so that is probably pretty close.

See my shipping FAQ brainstorming thread for ideas about using your employer shipping options. If I ship through the hospital that I consult for, I can do a set of wheels from Seattle to FL for $25. Figure 70-80lbs across two boxes. That was with Fedex, but think of the amount of boxes that hospitals are receiving (using their account). I’d use them but they are a pain to deal with.
Excellent recommendation with shipping business to business, I do have that available. $60ish is very do able. Thanks for the background info too! I'll be ready to pay up when you're ready.