FS 1970 2800CS

Drola

Reaction score
i posted my car up for sale so I figured I'd share it here before someone else does and the trashing begins.
in my opinion it's an honest car and i represent it as such
is my price out of line?
am I crazy for selling?

Attachments

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a great project car that someone can drive while they address the issues! It would probably do pretty good on BaT...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ya, if that non-running project can sell for >$30k, I would think you can easily get your asking price on BAT.

Nice looker!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you feel brave, I would shoot video of this inner fender cavity with your phone.

Also, pictures with the black rocker covers removed.

I think BaT is a good venue.

I would do BaT with a reserve of 24k and see what you get. You might get 30k.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Ya, if that non-running project can sell for >$30k, I would think you can easily get your asking price on BAT.

Nice looker!
but that was a damn nice car and a 3.0. if it was a buttoned up driver it probably wouldve been a 40k+ car.

I personally would value this car around 25k.

The white resprayed 74 with brown interior, that was a driver with a 3.5 and 5 speed was bidded up to 28k, which is a good comparison, although i value that car low 30s myself.

just my opinion. love the car and would love to have it for my next project. love the crank windows!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
but that was a damn nice car and a 3.0. if it was a buttoned up driver it probably wouldve been a 40k+ car.

I personally would value this car around 25k.

The white resprayed 74 with brown interior, that was a driver with a 3.5 and 5 speed was bidded up to 28k, which is a good comparison, although i value that car low 30s myself.

just my opinion. love the car and would love to have it for my next project. love the crank windows!

Ya, but the rust was way worse!

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's all about the rust. Put it on a lift, pull the rocker covers and wheels off and take some detailed pics. If you want to go crazy, get a cheap scope and drop it into the known problem areas. If it's solid (a relative term w Coupes) the value would increase significantly. My 2 cents of course!

JayWltrs

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think your asking price is crazy. Easy to pick the car apart, etc., etc. Harder to pinpoint a market value right now. My personal and worthless opinion is if someone offers at or near the $32k, you'd be gambling against the odds expecting a bigger number on BaT. My also worthless guess is that BaT will want a reserve ~$15-20k. Now, the difficult decision point for you is what to do if someone walks up with $24k cash today. Then, it is all about how much and how fast you want/need to sell it. Unless you're in a hurry, just let it ride on CL for a bit and see what offers you get from non-scammers. That might make your decision for you.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Ya, but the rust was way worse!

youre right. a little worse than i remembered. but not bad for a sunroof car. if that wasnt a sunroof car i bet that car would be so clean!