FS: 1973 3.0cs/Alpina Tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
This is the longest day or thread--and--where does it lead

In the years I have owned Coupes I have never seen the negativity that this particular thread has generated from Chicane--consistently having expressed sour grapes about the cars that have come up for sale and discussion of value--always twisting in the wind about pricing as some kind of special authority on the subject.

As perhaps the oldest member on this message board--a continuous Coupe owner for 37 years--been on numerous judging teams--and perhaps with the most seat time in these beauties--plus add more than a little experience in locating fine examples for other enthusiasts who have requested same of me--performed quietly and without fanfare or publishing the specifics of the transactions with a fairly large number of seemingly happy owners--consequently I'm reasonably aware of what constitutes a quality example and can reasonably estimate what a going price for quality examples are bringing here in SoCal.

Chicane--most of us on this message board are Coupe enthusiasts--In your case I truly wonder what is being gained by the consistent negative commentary, almost without exception coming from you about pricing, valuation, etc. Having carefully watched and read your posts over the past several years I really wonder what your agenda might be--are you truly a fellow enthusist or are you a troll planted in our midst to demean anyone who seems to have something going that annoys you. Whatever it may be it has certainly escaped me as I've not seen nor heard a single positive comment from your commentary corner.

C'mon what is it that drives your acid tongue. Do you really believe you are the end authority in evaluating these cars? Have you extensive hands on--seat time--or other undisclosed first hand experience with them that gives you a special belief of being some E-9 authority figure? To me it just doesn't appear so!!

Would you be good enough to disclose your credentials for us to see and then we may all be informed--this is a layng down of the gaunlet type of firm request!! Lay it out or keep your negatives to yourself--it won't be missed!!

Gosch

Reaction score
Fantastic statement, I would have never been able to express emotion freely. They speak from my heart.

I love the Coupe - it cost what it wants!

chicane

Reaction score
Re: This is the longest day or thread--and--where does it le

blumax said:
Chicane--most of us on this message board are Coupe enthusiasts--In your case I truly wonder what is being gained by the consistent negative commentary, almost without exception coming from you about pricing,

It's all in the eye of the beholder. You say negative, I say realistic. One question to you, the hardcore enthusiast. Would you pay $100K for the Alpina tribute car?

I was very positive about this coupe price:
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4717

And others.

P.S. I have received NUMEROUS PM's from fellow coupsters who say that I am spot on in my assessments. They do not post directly because they do not wish to get involved in some brouhaha.

DJSimca

Reaction score

blumax said:
In the years I have owned Coupes I have never seen the negativity that this particular thread has generated from Chicane--consistently having expressed sour grapes about the cars that have come up for sale and discussion of value--always twisting in the wind about pricing as some kind of special authority on the subject.

As perhaps the oldest member on this message board--a continuous Coupe owner for 37 years--been on numerous judging teams--and perhaps with the most seat time in these beauties--plus add more than a little experience in locating fine examples for other enthusiasts who have requested same of me--performed quietly and without fanfare or publishing the specifics of the transactions with a fairly large number of seemingly happy owners--consequently I'm reasonably aware of what constitutes a quality example and can reasonably estimate what a going price for quality examples are bringing here in SoCal.

Chicane--most of us on this message board are Coupe enthusiasts--In your case I truly wonder what is being gained by the consistent negative commentary, almost without exception coming from you about pricing, valuation, etc. Having carefully watched and read your posts over the past several years I really wonder what your agenda might be--are you truly a fellow enthusist or are you a troll planted in our midst to demean anyone who seems to have something going that annoys you. Whatever it may be it has certainly escaped me as I've not seen nor heard a single positive comment from your commentary corner.

C'mon what is it that drives your acid tongue. Do you really believe you are the end authority in evaluating these cars? Have you extensive hands on--seat time--or other undisclosed first hand experience with them that gives you a special belief of being some E-9 authority figure? To me it just doesn't appear so!!

Would you be good enough to disclose your credentials for us to see and then we may all be informed--this is a layng down of the gaunlet type of firm request!! Lay it out or keep your negatives to yourself--it won't be missed!!

Bravo !!! Well said :D

CookeD

Reaction score
chicane said:
CookeD said:
Please fill in your profile.

No. Would you like to know why?

No, I don't want to know why, because I'm sure you have some sort of explanation that reads like a master's class in pretension, seeing how big you can inflate your ego by being a wet blanket.

Until you actually step up and fill in your profile, your posts are meaningless.

Later.

CSfan

Reaction score
Would you?

Blumax, Would you buy the coupe for 100k? waiting for an answer. the people who posted the coupes are not enthusiast. He is a broker.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Re: Would you?

CSfan said:
Blumax, Would you buy the coupe for 100k? waiting for an answer. the people who posted the coupes are not enthusiast. He is a broker.

I would lease that coupe.

Let's see, the depreciation of a 1972 car is not an issue, they actually appreciate, I tend to put < 3kmiles on my E9 per year, and 0% APR leases are all around me. Oh, and it goes back to the lender so I don't have to take the abuse of trying to sell it.

Ron, is lease an option?

chicane

Reaction score

Arde said:

LOL.

Arde said:
Let's see, the depreciation of a 1972 car is not an issue, they actually appreciate,

Actually most do not. If you take an average CS coupe and adjust for inflation these cars cost about $60K new. You can get a pristine coupe (if you can find one) for far less. There was that one low mileage coupe that sold last year for around $44-45K as an example. That means over time the car isn't even keeping up with inflation. This doesn't even count insurance, maintenance, gas, storage, etc.

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Well said Blumax. Let's see if there is a direct response or if it gets skirted.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
There are banks that will lease a car like this. They specialize in exotics and unique custom cars. This car would fall right into that category.
Mike

chicane

Reaction score
bmwmadman said:

Well said Blumax. Let's see if there is a direct response or if it gets skirted.

There was a direct response please read above.

CookeD

Reaction score
chicane said:
CookeD said:
chicane said:
CookeD said:
Please fill in your profile.

No. Would you like to know why?

No, I don't want to know why, .

Well I'll tell you anyway. Because I DON'T HAVE TO...:D.

So let me get this straight-- You had all day to think of something ground-breakingly clever, and this is the best you come up with...

...and caps too.

Brilliant.

Meanwhile, 535 meaningless posts and counting.

What’s up with that sig? Specifically, where'd you get an Arctic White 96 M3?

chicane

Reaction score

blumax said:
Do you really believe you are the end authority in evaluating these cars? Have you extensive hands on--seat time--or other undisclosed first hand experience with them that gives you a special belief of being some E-9 authority figure? To me it just doesn't appear so!!

No but I do know how to read:

http://tinyurl.com/dmxtpb
($29,900 to $75,600)

http://www.motorbase.com/vehicle/by-id/-691202264/finance.ehtml
(CSL's from 2,242.41 USD to 122,326.17 USD)
http://www.motorbase.com/auctionlot/by-id/1497305811/
(84,600.00 GBP=122,326.17 USD) "BATMOBILE!"

http://tinyurl.com/bwf4y5
(29,000.00 EUR=37,284.02 USD)

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4198&highlight=csl
($59K)

Please tell me where all of the $100K+ coupes are hiding since YOU are the expert? Because I could only find one and it was a pristine Batmobile.

Now if I had $100K in the midst of one of the greatest economic downturns in our nation's history, I would want to park it in a car that would at least retain it's value if not appreciate. Maybe that Bat or maybe a Ferrari 365GTC/4

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/ferrari/365gtc4/177684.html

or a Porsche 365?

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/porsche/356b/793512.html

But not a tribute car. Now that I have provided facts and figures (from multiple reputable sources) and not merely bloviating, do you care to reciprocate and provide facts and figures showing that I am wrong and do not know what I am talking about?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

chicane said:
Arde said:

LOL.

Arde said:
Let's see, the depreciation of a 1972 car is not an issue, they actually appreciate,

Actually most do not. If you take an average CS coupe and adjust for inflation these cars cost about $60K new. You can get a pristine coupe (if you can find one) for far less. There was that one low mileage coupe that sold last year for around $44-45K as an example. That means over time the car isn't even keeping up with inflation. This doesn't even count insurance, maintenance, gas, storage, etc.

Lease financing does not factor in currency inflation. You just look at the purchase price minus the buyback value. Inflation is in the APR which i this crazy times is pretty low. All I need to do is convince Ron that the buyback after 3 years is also 100k$ and I am all set.

chicane

Reaction score

Arde said:
chicane said:
Arde said:

LOL.

Arde said:

Lease financing does not factor in currency inflation. You just look at the purchase price minus the buyback value. Inflation is in the APR which i this crazy times is pretty low. All I need to do is convince Ron that the buyback after 3 years is also 100k$ and I am all set.

I wasn't talking about current inflation. You said these cars all appreciate and I said over time most of them actually depreciate because they can't keep up with inflation (even for nice cars). That really has nothing to do with a short term lease.

CSfan

Reaction score
still now answer?

I waiting for an answer from world renown "bluemax" who claims to be such a expert. I don't doubt your skills but the questions still remains....Would you buy the coupe for 100K or let's say .....95k? You so proclaim your "ol school" you had more riding time and so on so so forth... please answer honestly...... WOULD YOU BUY THIS COUPE FOR 100K!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.