FS: CL- North Tucson 1973 BMW CSI $19K Tiaga

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Have not seen this posted yet, if it has been my appologies. Says only 58K miles and stored for a "long time" (Whatever that means and who knows if original miles). Not a lot of detailed pictures but price worth a look for sure unless somebody can save us some time and tell us about it. Says engine works but needs wiring. Interesting picture coming off or on a car hauler? Not sure what to make of this one.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/5252858774.html

Attachments

• 00x0x_c6mNkHMPpPn_50x50c.jpg
    00x0x_c6mNkHMPpPn_50x50c.jpg
    953 bytes · Views: 384

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks like it would be worth a close look for somebody who is in the area. could be an amazing buy ... could be a steaming pile of dung. but the pix look like it is worth the time to look it over ... especially if it is an original taiga csi. the right side looks pretty straight

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
19,000 is the starting point of negotiations. He won't sell for 19,000 so it's a bogus ad. Guy is running an auction amongst 4 people right now. If he won't follow the basic No Auctions rule on CL he won't follow any others.
I wouldn't touch it at this point.
Run away guys- this is getting worked hard.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Guys were doing that with Pre-74 911's too, I hate that. Craigslist can be frustrating sometimes that's for sure. Just need to be patient and weed though the jerkoff's. Occasionally there is that diamond in the rough.

tightbox

Reaction score
Yep - spoke to him early yesterday...he claims some poor guy flew in all the way from Chicago, and wanted to buy it on the spot for $19k.

Sent him packing and is now fishing for offers over $19k. Not quite my definition of integrity, or someone I'd want to engage in a large transaction.

GK-E30M3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yep - spoke to him early yesterday...he claims some poor guy flew in all the way from Chicago, and wanted to buy it on the spot for $19k.

Sent him packing and is now fishing for offers over $19k. Not quite my definition of integrity, or someone I'd want to engage in a large transaction.

Ya that poor guy was me

Nice Guy but I was little surprised when he turned down my offer to buy it but the more I think about it maybe it's good nice car but it need work TLC and little more very poor repaint job some years ago not running under the hood dirty nasty and bunch of rubber & wiring chewed up "Pack Rats" I guess big problem in that area overall not a bad car just needs work interior needs attention as well some cracks around the Glove Box carpets falling apart and dirty again needs attention

I am no e9 expert but this is and first 3.0csi I've checked out and inspect but I know cars pretty well I have few e30 m3s but Id love to ad a decent e9 to my stable

Chris

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Flag The Ad

All it takes is a few people to flag the ad and get it down. What a POS sending you home after flying and offering him the asking price.

shanon

Reaction score
+1 on the d#ckhead 'no sale' maneuver.

Those look like real 14" Alpinas, period 4pt Autoflug belts, and also has the uber rare, larger 380mm Alpina 3 spoker rudder....try and find one of those!!

Original owner must have been a sporting driver ;-)

curious one to watch

hope it goes the a good place.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
hopefully the new owner will also change the harness mounting before something tragic happens.
good luck to the 4 suitors.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What an asshole...we'll find you a good one!

+1 to that.......Just curious on the back story, I'm guessing with the car hauler in ad pics and not a board member, his character, etc, etc, that he is flipping the car (And I'm strickly talking about this particular guy)? What was his no-sell I guess I should say? What's the deal?

That's unbelievable especially knowing you flew in all that way, I'd have much harsher words than you being in your shoes but you're a gentleman, where he clearly is NOT!

P.S. - I flagged it, I feel partly responsible for posting, hope you found it on your own but either way very sorry to hear that.

phead82

Reaction score
Flagged it too - such a dick move shouldn't be supported with exposure on CL.

It takes quite a man to take it as calmly as you though - Kudos to you, Sir!

You anyway want to buy an e9 from someone trustworthy, so keep on looking - the right one is somewhere out there for you!

eastsideM3

Reaction score
+1 on the d#ckhead 'no sale' maneuver.

Those look like real 14" Alpinas, period 4pt Autoflug belts, and also has the uber rare, larger 380mm Alpina 3 spoker rudder....try and find one of those!!

Original owner must have been a sporting driver ;-)

curious one to watch

hope it goes the a good place.

Agreed. The steering wheel alone is worth 2500.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
interior..

Is it just me, and my computer or just the light; looks like blue leather/carpet...if that's the case, someone has some 'splainin to do...My Taiga 2002 has black, as I thought most/all were...maybe tan...but certainly not marine blue?

floridabmx

Reaction score
Ya that poor guy was me

Nice Guy but I was little surprised when he turned down my offer to buy it but the more I think about it maybe it's good nice car but it need work TLC and little more very poor repaint job some years ago not running under the hood dirty nasty and bunch of rubber & wiring chewed up "Pack Rats" I guess big problem in that area overall not a bad car just needs work interior needs attention as well some cracks around the Glove Box carpets falling apart and dirty again needs attention

I am no e9 expert but this is and first 3.0csi I've checked out and inspect but I know cars pretty well I have few e30 m3s but Id love to ad a decent e9 to my stable

Chris

wow, really? not sure how you kept your cool. i wouldve lost it!

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sporting driver, but lucky to never have been in an accident! That Autoflug set up with floor mounting is a potential back breaker. Completely unsafe.

Looks cool tho...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
for a momo? ill sell you as many as you want for 1000 :)

Take a look at vintage Momo prototipo wheels on EBay. The Alpina wheel did use the prototipo. The wheel is usually around $1,000 without the Alpina branding. That model line has been available forever, so it's hard to say if the wheel in the pic is genuine. Most alpina wheels that I've seen have Alpina engraved on the bottom spoke. I see Momo, but I don't see Alpina. I don't know when Alpina started engraving the wheels, but I'm sure someone on here does...

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What's to say-the guy who wanted 19k and refused to sell it at that price and then decided he wanted 40k all the while keeping the ad up for 19k.
After you take a loan out and fly to Tucson he meets you at the front door and says " I want 50k"