Attachments

• 00P0P_bdbggMQ4aS8_600x450.jpg
    00P0P_bdbggMQ4aS8_600x450.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

jefftepper

Reaction score
Overall looks like a very nice car. One question and one observation:

Were the rear bumper under-riders optional for a '72 csi?

For a mint restoration, one would think that having both wipers installed and aligned would not break the budget........or would it?

Bez

Site Donor
Reaction score
What struck me was the area around the lever to pull the seats forward...missing the cover on both sides.

Bez

Site Donor
Reaction score
Guys, it's in mint condition. What can you honestly expect?

Guess that all depends on the price...the seller was asking close to 50k (most likely close to what the reserve is on eBay)...at that price...most would expect those small things to be correct

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone object to the $300 carpet kit from EBay? It looks like it fits the car well. I've been considering the kit but wasn't sure about fitment.

00e0e_iWWiZblRcrj_600x450.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's hard for me to imagine that a $300 carpet set will have any quality to it. They claim German loop but it's hard to tell from photos, the heel pad just looks bad, have them delete that and add one when they arrive that looks correct at any auto trim shop. And no velour please. :sad:

Bez

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agreed Chris...that quilted vinyl heel pad looks more than awful....But not sure if I have seen one that looks anything like the original

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you can buy a carpet set from KHM for $410.37 plus shipping (around 65 bucks) at today's exchange rate of 1.14105 dollars to the euro. the trunk kit is another $201.03 plus another 15 to 20 bucks to ship. KHM does give a discount if you buy both together ... 40 euro ($45.64). the above prices include a 19% VAT discount if exported. the quality is very good.

if you look at GAHH, there price is 700+ for the carpet and they won't make the trunk piece. World Upholstery is similar in price, but the quality is lower.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
That carpet looks like the stuff they sell for trunk carpeting. It's not anywhere close to the original in style.

Of course, perhaps I'm being too picky as the Yenko stripes make the car and it's in mint condition.

restart

Reaction score
Khm carpet pic

you can buy a carpet set from KHM for $410.37 plus shipping (around 65 bucks) at today's exchange rate of 1.14105 dollars to the euro. the trunk kit is another $201.03 plus another 15 to 20 bucks to ship. KHM does give a discount if you buy both together ... 40 euro ($45.64). the above prices include a 19% VAT discount if exported. the quality is very good.

if you look at GAHH, there price is 700+ for the carpet and they won't make the trunk piece. World Upholstery is similar in price, but the quality is lower.

Here is the pic of khm from their site...just becuz I can:-o
When my heel pad gets worn on some cars I have just removed it for appearances. Gets me through a couple of years.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 168

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Awesome thread hijack. I was leaning towards khm as a nicer carpet. I'm likely going to go that route. I figured it was around $600, but didn't factor in the trunk fabric.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I purchased a full set from KHM about 2 months ago. Good quality, but I can't report on installation, as that will occur this winter - one of quite a few 'restoration projects'.