FS: New CS REGISTRY LICENSE PLATE FRAMES

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Of course. I suppose only the CS Registry and the Vasel Pavek(horrible misspelling) frames from the CA dealer are desirable.
Is that dealership still in business
Sadly no. That was a great dealership with some old time mechanics who knew how to set the KugelFischer on my Tii.
Old man Vasek had at least two Batmobiles that he was racing in vintage. If I remember correctly, while racing in Germany in the 90's, he got into a serious accident. He was flown back to the US but he died soon after.
The business was then sold and moved from Hermosa Beach to a new location in Torrance and renamed South Bay BMW. They got rid of the bats that were often seen in the window of Vasek's dealership on PCH. What an awesome sight that was when driving home from work!

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The building has been sitting there abandoned for the last 20 years. You can still see the vertical panel where the BMW logo was.

Skechers-HB-old-BMW-600x400.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have a Bob Autrey vintage frame - where my coupe was purchased from. perhaps not as desirable as Polak ... but that's where mine was sold new and i have 2 of them.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The discussion of original dealership plate frames makes me nostalgic for the time I worked at the BMW dealership in Crystal Lake, Illinois. While we put the dealership plate frames on every car, it is unfortunate that at that time (mid 80's to early 90's) the frames were made of black plastic and not really intended to ever be something lasting like the chromed metal ones in this conversation. :(

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The discussion of original dealership plate frames makes me nostalgic for the time I worked at the BMW dealership in Crystal Lake, Illinois. While we put the dealership plate frames on every car, it is unfortunate that at that time (mid 80's to early 90's) the frames were made of black plastic and not really intended to ever be something lasting like the chromed metal ones in this conversation. :(
So much of our world, automotive and other, has migrated from metal to plastic. I will restrain myself from further comment.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey Steve,
How are the orders coming? Say, if we put a new registry frame on every one of the coupes on Carl's lot, that would add significantly to the order quantity. :D That is assuming all of these cars are in the registry. I would imagine that if Carl hasn't entered them, @HB Chris probably has.
20190313-LJI-08.jpg 20190313-LJI-09.jpg

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Steve: to TodB's point, a
lot of stuff in the papers in NJ about people getting pulled over and ticketed for frames that cover the New Jersey name. Will the frames you order be OK?

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
what a nice initiative, Steve,
we, in europe wont be able to use these frames as we do have rectangular, longer plates
just one point, Antique plates and showing the website seems an anachronism to me,
regrads[/QUO
The European plates are so cool. We here in the US have to have different colors for every state, which change every time a new governor gets elected.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Any chance of posting a pic of what a NJ plate looks like? In Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan, and every other plate I can picture in my head, the state name is in the top middle of the plate, between the top fasteners. It appears that this frame would leave that area clear.