FS. Rare E9 Parts.

Rek

Reaction score
If you or anyone can show me a picture of an Alpina car with this valve cover I would change my tune. Keep in mind we are looking for a car with an Alpina logo partially under the Mass Airflow Sensor.

I could make the same valve cover with a dremmel and JB Weld for $100.

I grant that the JB weld and dremmel use is cheap but where would you get the Alpina lettering in metal from? I guess they could be made by a cnc laser cutter but the surface of the cover is slightly curved the the profile would be slightly off being straight. Is it worth the effort. When I was parting out my B10, I was selling badges on eBay for £100, which were broken faded. I even had offers to peel the body stickers off the car.

I don't KNOW that these are real it's just a gut feel with a little generosity of spirit.

Finally I have my doubts whether you can make these for $100, but if you can, then I will take a dozen. ;)

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
My My What could aa half decent machinist with an end mill do do that original valve cover and an alpina emblem as shown. I think mystery solved. Kudos to Markos

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
like I said, someone showed one of these quite a while ago, I asked him about it, he said he made it with stick on letters
I bought the letters but decided not to do it, so anyone want to buy the letters I have them