OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_4327.JPG
IMG_4328.JPG
IMG_4330.JPG

Mark Jarman

Reaction score
For the benefit of anyone restoring their dash, I followed this thread to re-flock my dash parts and I'm happy with the outcome. I brushed the glue on instead of spraying it. I'd emphasis what was previously stated that it is important to liberally apply the glue so the fibers stick well everywhere. The glove box is the trickiest part because you don't have much time between applying the glue and applying the flock material. I first did the fuse box door because its a small part and was a good warm up run. My very first warm up run was the end of a tin can. Overall the flocking process is forgiving, but I recommend doing a warm up on something like a tin can.

As part of this project I had Just Dashes re-cover all my dash parts. I'm very happy with their work, but you need to be patient... it takes awhile for them to turn around their projects. Before I sent my parts to Just Dashes I asked if they did the re-flocking and they said no. This lead me to process below.

1. Remove all the various hardware on the dash parts.

2. Remove all the old flock. I sanded it off.

3. If/where necessary apply rust converter to any rusty areas on the sheet metal. I used this stuff - https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-rust-converter-quart-and-aerosol-kit.html

4. Prime the sheet metal to be flocked.

5. Send dash to Just Dashes for restoration.

6. While dash is at Just Dashes clean up all the hardware and re-painted the black parts.

7. Received restored dash from Just Dashes.

8. Flock it.

9. Re-installed hardware on dash parts.

Note: When I received my dash back from Just Dashes they had painted the surfaces that are flocked a nice black finish. This finish wouldn't look bad, but it is the original finish.

Here are some pictures:

Condition of flock prior to restoration
WP_20181201_001.jpg

Removing the old flock - its a grind
WP_20181202_002.jpg

Primed and ready to send to Just Dashes
WP_20190101_003.jpg

Final result
WP_20200125_09_19_53_Pro.jpg