Gorgeous 2000CS on BAT

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You just don't see a car more properly represented than this one...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-bmw-2000cs-7/

1967_bmw_2000cs_1546300969cfcd21967-BMW-2000CS-for-Sale-A-GC.com-1-940x529.jpg

Question... was the dash wood supposed to be glossy?

....and who can pick out the oddity in picture 132 ? :)

Too bad they removed the Talbot mirror off the fender, but at least they put a Swan Neck on the door.

Ed

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Don’t all 2000 VIN plates say 2000C?

How could it be original paint as well? Did these coupes have velour carpets?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oops, wrong pic. I see cracking paint in the fender gutter. Should the sound pads have the hexagon pattern?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I meant picture 132 (look at the snorkel on the radiator shroud) but in 138 is the missing fuse, and the wrong cap on the clutch reservoir.

The clutch cap looked correct to me unless early cars were metal? Tar pads are around strut bearing. Is that just a cap on the snorkel?

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The clutch cap looked correct to me unless early cars were metal?

I believe the clutch reservoir cap should be black, like the brake reservoir (almost the same cap, but brake cap should have the float sensor...this one does not)

The tar pads on my car were like this car; smooth, without any pattern.

Another oddity... there's an extra hose clamp n the upper radiator hose, right in the middle, doing nothing :)

At this point, these are pretty minor details... though finding the airbox snorkel and an ash tray may cost a few hundred bucks.

A fine example, indeed. I am glad to see all the detailed pictures. It helps my reassembly, as my car was restored in the '80s and they missed a couple of things... see the tape applied on the underside of the hood down the middle? That holds the wires running from the switch to the light at the top. ...though I'm not convinced that's how the factory did it... hmmmm

and where do I find the wheel well covers for the trunk??? This car's are perfect!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
and where do I find the wheel well covers for the trunk??? This car's are perfect!

Hi Ed,

You can buy the well covers new but the grain doesn't match. I have a spare set in very good shape - taking up space on the hood of my project car. Let me check my existing ones to see if the spares are necessary. They are kind of a PITA to remove and I'm a bit scared to crack them on the way out. At the same time - space is king! :D

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just walked through the photos - beautiful car! Here's a couple of comments and questions I have:
- LOVE the transparent CV boots on the half shafts. What a great way to see the lubricant in there. I have no idea if that is original, but I love it!
- Love the SS Abarth tag on the muffler - would like to hang that on the wall as art.
- I didn't read the full description :oops:, but why does it look green on in various places including the bottom? It looks like the car is made of copper and it has a patina (which would be awesome!).

I hope this car finds a great new home. :)

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Transparent CV boots are factory original for the NK cars and early 1600s. W&N actually sells nice replacements (something I need to add to my list). The outer CV uses needle bearing and they are NLA, many folks replace them with a CV from a 2002. Note there is only a u-joint at the diff, not another CV.

1967_bmw_2000cs_1546553374a27a81fe3f57bfc51967-BMW-2000CS-Underside-A-GC.com-32.jpg

1967_bmw_2000cs_154655336752a4a3a27a81fe31967-BMW-2000CS-Underside-A-GC.com-31.jpg

Green primer underneath... it is odd, but I have seen green primer under some old BMWs and it is usually applied haphazardly like this example. Not sure why. After a thorough cleaning under my car, it was all grey primer, no green.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Ed,

You can buy the well covers new but the grain doesn't match. I have a spare set in very good shape - taking up space on the hood of my project car. Let me check my existing ones to see if the spares are necessary. They are kind of a PITA to remove and I'm a bit scared to crack them on the way out. At the same time - space is king! :D

The NK covers are not the same, see the shock tower for comparison. Series 1 NK cars use the long neck diff, Series 2 sedans use the sideloader diff and subframe.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here’s some pictures of my trunk. I don’t know how the e9 would be different?
ECE0AF87-C8D2-4358-9EC7-BA534D9CA579.jpeg
FD79FB10-45A9-48E8-A64C-7D34EECF1520.jpeg
BD0A86C9-B7F6-4894-9CFD-921342F119DD.jpeg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed, Check out the shock turret on the BaT coupe.

Sorry if I'm missing it, Chris. Are you saying the plastic wheel well covers are different between an e9 and a 2000CS ? I'm looking at Google pics of e9 trunks and everything looks the same...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
B2374689-5B88-4DBA-9E89-55AA5B1FF5F6.jpeg
Yours looks like mine, but the e9 definitely has a taller profile around the shock mount. The BaT coupe is much lower in that area. And my NK sedan cover is also different from e9 even with the subframe and sideloader diff like an e9.

Your VIN must be after 1107365 when the 2000CS got the sideloader diff along with the series 2 NK sedans.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
oooooohhhh.. now I see the difference. :)

Well, rats... what am I supposed to do now for wheel well covers?? (No... I’m not buying this car on BAT)

I suppose I could use the e9 pieces, they’ll look kinda wonky... hmmmmm.

Oh, the VIN for my ‘67 is 1107357 :)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the covers are different but the shock towers are identical.

Look at the distance between the plastic and the parcel tray.

From my CSI, same as Chris’s
4EDA5B96-DB05-47AE-8B9D-5703D44549CE.jpeg

4A68FE95-7314-4A87-90F8-DB2442EB83DA.jpeg

Last edited: