Granatrot

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My theory is that he was trying to drive up the bidding, never intending to buy, confident that his $124k bid would not be the high bid. Hoping that he could increase the value of his own cars. Shill bidding to drive the market?
Time to throw some shade…
John, I think your theory is spot on.

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
What a disappointing and discouraging outcome-I was planning on finally putting mine on BAT this spring.

Sorry you guys have to deal with this, just as you think you have closer and moving on with a car, this happens.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
There was an auction some time ago (on BaT) where the seller flaked out - and was 'supposedly' banned from further participation on BaT.....

I remember looking some time later (after that auction happened) and saw the seller still participating in comments and bids... The whole question of enforcement on BaT to deadbeat sellers & bidders is questionable in my mind.

Glad to hear this is working out here -

devin1967

Reaction score
Hi folks! A lot has transpired in the past 12 hours, and just want to let everyone know that I will be the next steward of this lovely E9. His new home will be in Tampa, FL. I have been lusting for an E9 for a while, and this car checked most every box. I have 2 E28s: a Zinno '87 535is with 300K on the clock I have owned for 20 years, and a 55K mile E28 M5 that I have had for 17+ years (and will be participating in this Saturday's Cars and Caffine/BMWCCA 50 Years of M exhibit at Amelia). I suspect that the E9 will be the chosen one to go to Vintage in May. I look forward to picking your collective brains as I learn more about E9s in general, and also look forward to meeting many of you should our paths cross down the road...Devin

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi folks! A lot has transpired in the past 12 hours, and just want to let everyone know that I will be the next steward of this lovely E9. His new home will be in Tampa, FL. I have been lusting for an E9 for a while, and this car checked most every box. I have 2 E28s: a Zinno '87 535is with 300K on the clock I have owned for 20 years, and a 55K mile E28 M5 that I have had for 17+ years (and will be participating in this Saturday's Cars and Caffine/BMWCCA 50 Years of M exhibit at Amelia). I suspect that the E9 will be the chosen one to go to Vintage in May. I look forward to picking your collective brains as I learn more about E9s in general, and also look forward to meeting many of you should our paths cross down the road...Devin

Welcome and congrats, it's a lovely coupe you just bought!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I suspect that the E9 will be the chosen one to go to Vintage in May. I look forward to picking your collective brains as I learn more about E9s in general, and also look forward to meeting many of you should our paths cross down the road
Welcome Devin. Sounds like a nice stable! You just gave me another reason to head down to The Vintage again this year (without my car, just to socialize). Hope to meet you there in person.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Devin - welcome to the madness. It looks like you got a very nice car.

Please let us know when you will be traveling around to events with this baby. I would love to see it.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score

He owns a pizzeria in Atlanta

1646257491290.png

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome Devin - So happy that you were able to get with Chris and end up with this coupe.

as far as this yahoo in Atlanta - hopefully we can exile him to some other city / town. we don't want that kind of person here.

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Welcome

Tim M

Reaction score
Maybe this was a blessing a new friendship over a bad experiance. Very nice car Devin and welcome to the e9 club.
PS getting something Chris had is hand (eye) on is a very good thing!