Granatrot

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m loving this interior so much I just had
to comment on BaT, visually articulated here.

This Granatot is how you restore a leather seat. Remember when black leather was actually black, not grey? Heads up to anyone redoing their seats or steering wheel. Pick quality leather if you want your car to look original like the car behind sold here.

This is not a camera lighting observation. It is a leather style quality observation.

Granatrot:
B16BB5D1-ED42-4DDD-8175-AC6676245A17.jpeg

Ceylon BaT RNM:
13612A8B-7879-42FD-8574-F096F4FD74DB.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@HB Chris ... can the owner tell us who provided it / installed it? i agree with @Markos ... the leather is very nice looking and also well installed. what i like about the leather - it has a luxurious sheen (depth), not just a sprayed on color. its a quality product.

BP1

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on the forum for all the support and guidance during the last ten years of my coupe ownership. All the wonderful comments on BAT were only made possible because of your sharing of so many things that made this coupe such a great hobby for a guy with limited mechanical skills as myself. I have always had great pride of ownership (and thank God, ample check book) to get the coupe to its present state, a car which looks great but more importantly, a really fun driver (love those 2nd and 3rd gear pulls!).

Regarding the upholstery. Sergio at Orange County Auto Upholstery (714-279-2990) in the City of Orange, CA did the work. The leather was sourced from Global Upholstery Supply (714-708-2220) in Anaheim, CA and yes, was off the shelf.

Thanks again....BOB

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Photo # 76 looks like the gray plastic filler piece at the top of the wing window frame is missing. Doug McKenzie told me that my driver's side piece was missing. That's just another part missing on my car that I never knew about. I bought both sides at the BMW dealer. $12.21 each list. Part #'s 51 32 6 754 265/266. This car is one of the best coupes auctioned on BaT.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Photo # 76 looks like the gray plastic filler piece at the top of the wing window frame is missing. Doug McKenzie told me that my driver's side piece was missing. That's just another part missing on my car that I never knew about. I bought both sides at the BMW dealer. $12.21 each list. Part #'s 51 32 6 754 265/266. This car is one of the best coupes auctioned on BaT.
Are they grey now, they used to be black. Yes, I noticed that but it is an easy fix.

dbower

Reaction score
Drew: Glue that piece in. They pop out easily.

Don

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
GR8 advice, Don. The old one on the passenger side slid out easily and looked like it had shrunk with age. It was also gray.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One day to go on our auction, it ends at 2:21 tomorrow PST. Always seems weird when comments go quiet in the middle which is the case for all auctions so can’t wait for them to pick up tomorrow. Any guesses on where this will end up? Wish us luck!

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yeah, it's always a bit of a cliff hanger at this point. Up until the morning of the last day, it's really just people playing around, isn't it? (no offense meant to those on this board). The real buyers will not show their hands until the last few hours or minutes.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
with 8:40 to go ... its at 89k and 3 people have bid since last night. i think Rob has a good guess, but i think it should cross 140k ... hopefully sail right past that number. this is as good of a coupe that has sold in quite a while. this one should really get to 155k+ ... its that good.