Grateful to be here

catbird

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am a new member. I have a 1966 BMW 2000cs that I've been slowly improving over the past several years. Runs great, mechanically sound. But now it is finally time for me to put some money at it.

My current objective is to install new suspension, brakes, wheels, and tires.

Any recommendations on suspension or braking systems that will give me peak performance and safety are greatly appreciated.

As far as wheels and tires, I want to bring the rear wheels out wider to come more flush with the body. However, I don't want to lose the classic look of the original / simple hub caps (seen in profile pic). Are there known wheels out there with sufficient offset to accomplish the wider stance without looking modern or out of place?

My car will eventually need everything (paint, interior, everything) but I figure this is an ample start for my first post. I am delighted to be here, and look forward to learning from this well established community.

Thank you,
Jeff

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am a new member. I have a 1966 BMW 2000cs that I've been slowly improving over the past several years. Runs great, mechanically sound. But now it is finally time for me to put some money at it.

My current objective is to install new suspension, brakes, wheels, and tires.

Any recommendations on suspension or braking systems that will give me peak performance and safety are greatly appreciated.

As far as wheels and tires, I want to bring the rear wheels out wider to come more flush with the body. However, I don't want to lose the classic look of the original / simple hub caps (seen in profile pic). Are there known wheels out there with sufficient offset to accomplish the wider stance without looking modern or out of place?

My car will eventually need everything (paint, interior, everything) but I figure this is an ample start for my first post. I am delighted to be here, and look forward to learning from this well established community.

Thank you,
Jeff
Jeff,

You have parked in the right spot. Everything you need to know and learn about your 2000cs is here in the collective knowledge and experience of the members. No so much me but all the others.

Please start posting photos as you begin your journey.

Steve

jmackro

Reaction score
Are there known wheels out there with sufficient offset to accomplish the wider stance without looking modern

I don't think there's anything you could do to make a 2000CS look modern!

But seriously, you may be opening a "can of worms" by putting greater offset wheels on your car. That will mess up the front end steering geometry by moving the contact patch outboard from the steering axis. Unless you are planning to autocross your CS, why not keep it stock?

0704_F2sai.gif

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

Start here;
https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/67-2000cs-resto-papas-church-car.26742/

Everything you need to know about the 2000cs and more. I think Ed is going to use the stock wheels with a little wider tire. I AM NOT SURE, but I think 205/60/14 BF Goodrich, with the lettering turned in would give your car a nice look, but check with Ed "zinz" in the thread above and good luck, the 2000cs is a cool car!!