GRILL BADGE - 2nd Run Interest Thread - Semi-official

jhjacobs

Reaction score
This topic never seems to die, the interest in these badges continues. I also have to admit that it is really fun to see one on a car from time to time.

So, this is a semi-official call for people to state their interest in doing another group badge order. If you have never seen one at the images this post (and other threads) or talk to another forum member who got one; the quality is truly amazing. The first run of 120 badges sold out in less than an week. Last time the price was <$25 with shipping. The vendor price depends number I order because there is a set up fee. I will venture a guess that they will be $35 or less this time.

What I would like to see is a simple reply to this thread indicating (or PM if you are shy):

1. If you are interested and how many you might like.
2. If you would like an Inka or a White motif.
3. If you think we should give the design a facelift (new art, colors, etc) - I probably shouldn't ask this but I think that, if there is enough interest, the second run should be just a bit different so that the original badge owners can brag and we create some new E9coupe trivia.
4. If you want to make me proud and other non-badge owners jealous, post a badge photo!
5. If you got one of the first badges feel free to rant on the virtures of owning one and the quality of the badge.

This is NOT as commitment for anyone to purchase or for me to actually place an order or to change the design or to implement your favorite color or.... it is an effort to scope the interest level. I will go back to the same vendor but I can't be sure he will do exactly the same thing. I will say that if we get demonstrated interest for more than 50 pieces I will be pretty much goaded into action.

Once (if) we have enough interest I will post information on how to order and pay. Last time we used Paypal and personal checks.

This is also not a for-profit venture. If we do this I will do my best to run with zero-net and I will post a balance sheet after all said and done and then take recommendations for donation of proceeds to a worthy cause; preferable this site or something vintage BMW related (and I am not talking about Blumax).

What the heck am I thinking....? I don't have time for this....! Somebody please smack me. :twisted:

DSCN1219.jpg

E9-Coupe2.jpg

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Count me in for two.

I still like the Inka but I'm fine with what ever color you come up with.

Thanks for taking this on- again!

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I'll take 2 Inkas. My Dad keeps one in his badge case. I guess that means I'll have 2 on the car. :mrgreen: As far as a new design goes, I'm not sure what we could chage it to, given the art limitations. After all, the real "coupe-y-ness" that defines our coupes compared to other BMW designs (E12, E24, E23, etc) is the complete package, which the current badge does admirably.

Unless we should do the second run's text as "E9- Crazy".

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Good start for a couple of hours. Inka seems to be popular. I wonder what Orangener will say? Any bets?

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'll take two...

One Inka, one white...
If other colors are available - Silver and a blue instead....
But - the Inka and White are fine.

Thanks

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hard to improve upon the original design

I would buy another for my desk at work (put two long screws in and it stands upright) or when I buy a second e9 (that garage find CSL). Of course make it a different color so that the value of the original run will not be diminished (!!!).

It really is a great design and beautiful product. Nice of you to make this available to those who may have missed out on the first run.

ElRey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Atlankikblau

:-D Inka Schminka! My vote is for BLUE!
I'm in for one!
Regards,
Kingman

mark

Reaction score
i vote go inka and make the originals - at least among our little group - a collector's thing.

i will buy an inka then.

thanks

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Grill Badge

I would be interested in two (2) one blue and one inka.

Regards Jon