GRILL BADGES SHIPPED AND GETTING REPORTS OF RECEIPT

jhjacobs

Reaction score
I got the grill badges today and I have them all packaged up to ship out in the morning (Sat 10/6). I have tried to take some photos but it is hard to do justice. The badges came out much better than I could have ever hoped. They are extremely well made.

On the down side the mounting kit is not great. It came with 1.25" 6-32 zinc plated screws and nuts and 0.75' fender washers. I have included some additional stainless hardware from my stock. If we are able to deal with these cars we'll certainly be able to deal with mounting the badges.
636c8adf80bd2343a18511202741ab3d.jpg

46a4494d2b77ef644b16c97dbd37f0ea.jpg

3007c8968cdca22b4ced6c56357c7e57.jpg

TILLA

Site Donor
Reaction score
Brilliant! Thanks for all your effort. Now every time I see a coupe, I'll look to see if the driver is from our inner circle :)

jhjacobs

Reaction score
ALL THE THE BADGES (PAID) HAVE BEEN SHIPPED AS OF SATURDAY MORNING (OCT 6, 2007). I HAVE 6 MORE AWAITING CHECKS - I WILL SEND NOTICE TO THOSE WHOSE CHECKS HAVE NOT ARRIVED.

Some basic stats:
- 5 to Australia
- 3 to Austria
- 2 to Canada
- 6 to UK
- 83 to US

The photos do not even come close to depicting the quality of these badges. I am completely taken back by the work of our vendor; the badges are true works of art. They are a solid 5.5 oz and a good 3mm thick. The chrome is brilliant and the colors are sharp. I would suggest that if you bought them at the dealer they would be >$100. My only concern is that they are so heavy they may damage our flimsy plastic (and brittle) old grills. :twisted:

We are
E9-DRIVEN

jhjacobs

Reaction score
I'm getting reports that badges are starting to arrive at destinations. :p

Does anyone know how to reach MARC? His wife requested that I hold a badge for him while he was in the hospital but I have not been able to reach him after his "I'm back" post. I would like to send him one "on the house" as a get well token but I don't know how to get it to him. I think there is a chance he is based on the UK from his email carrier. Please PM / Email if you have any ideas.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Got my badge today. Fantastic design, color, and quality. However, I do think that the badge is too heavy to mount on the brittle old plastic grill. But I will be mounting it in my office!

Jonathan

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just ran out to the mailbox and back. Great job John! Thanks for the SS hardware, it's a significant improvement. It's beautiful and heavy duty, now I definitely have to move my battery!

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Maybe you can mount it on your bumper. It could provide some great reinforcement if your bumper is rusting. I have mounted mine on the grill. I actually cut a few inches of aluminum L-bracket (2 ft for $3.68 at Lowes) and drilled holes. The bracket grabs one of the grill vanes lengthwise and spreads the load. However, I did do this on the side where I have a spare grill. :twisted:

I suggest mounting on opposite side from battery for even weight distribution. I really blew it on the postage estimate!

TILLA

Site Donor
Reaction score
Received mine today, and you are right, the photos do not do it justice. Thanks again for all your effort.

steve in reno

Reaction score
JJ
Are we over budget due to postage?
I personaly don't want you to be holding the bag on cost over runs.
That includes to donated one to MArc. (good idea).
Post up the added costs. Not a problem!
Mine arrived also. THE heavist badges I have ever seen.
thanks
steve

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Steve - let's not worry about the net balance. I saved a bit on packaging. The current balance it $-85 but I am expecting $100 by the end of the week. As such, even with a badge given to Marc (and postage to UK) the total profit on the project will be about $11. So, I guess I owe everyone who bought a badge $0.11; when you see me don't forget to ask and I'll be happy to pay up.

I've also got a small stash of badges for myself to deal with failed deliveries, deserving latecomers, etc. Maybe I'll auction one or two off on Ebay and get rich! :p

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Better than the photos.

Great job JH. They really are nice. And, yes they are heavy. I am glad I moved my battery to the trunk.

Thanks for all of your efforts. All things considered this went from conception to completion in a remarkably short time.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Creative Mounting

After seeing the grile badge last night, I predict another manufacturing run in the future! They are beautiful!!

I was thinking about alternatives to mounting onthe grille if people experience any issue with the weight. Would it be blasphemy to (gulp) bore two holes in the rear near the taillights and mount there?

Another Idea is to fabricate a custom piece that would surround the back license plate and affix the e9driven badge on one side and the BMWCCA badge on the other.

Brainstorm.......