Guitars, Amps, Drums & More

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Where the heck is Peter Coomaraswamy? When I was at his ranch in TX a few years back, his living room was decorated with guitars and he was building an outdoor stage so he could jam with his buddies.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When we refuged from Katrina in Houston my brother in law's friend had a free standing building next to his house that had all kinds of gear in it. We'd have drums, congas, 2-3 guitars, bass, keyboards, singers all jamming on classic rock, loud. Someone would start and the rest would follow, everyone knew the songs the first time. Every Wednesday with cocktails. Got me through a rough time. Miss it.

Where the heck is Peter Coomaraswamy? When I was at his ranch in TX a few years back, his living room was decorated with guitars and he was building an outdoor stage so he could jam with his buddies.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
haven't seen that, but i'm an old school rock guy - have a separate list for jazz

my favorites drummers are Ginger Baker, John Bohnam, Keith Moon and Neil Peart
favorite guitarists (long list) are Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Duane Allman, Pete Townshend, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, David Gilmour, Johnny Winter, Jerry Garcia and Steve Howe
favorite bassists are John Entwistle, John Paul Jones, Chris Squire + Jack Bruce
favorite keyboards are Keith Emerson, Rick Wakeman, Tony Banks and Richard Wright
favorite vocalists are Robert Plant, Peter Gabriel, Gregg Allman, Grace Slick, Steve Winwood and Roger Daltrey

Last edited:

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
If y'all aren't watching Rick Beato... well, you ought to :)

...R.I.P Neil Peart

Ha. I was JUST clicking ahead to drop some Beato links in here as well...I should have known he'd come up. That is one deep rabbit hole of musicianship and production knowledge, so be aware what you're climbing into. Then again, if you're all hunkered down, there's nothing like 5 hours of Beato...

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Took 3 years of piano lessons from 1st to 3rd grade. When I was a senior in high school in 1986, my mom bought her dream piano. A Baby Grand Steinway, which sits as an ornament in the living room. It gets tuned every 6 months whether it needs it or not. My wife a has aspirations of learning to play yet she doesn’t take the time. My mom played beautifully & also sang. Those days are just memories now.

D235EDB0-54A3-4FC7-9389-48F204D441DF.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@rsporsche I'd HAVE to add Mark Knopfler to your guitarists list.
yep, good call Dick ... i was just concerned my guitar list was too long. there are a few others i would add, i like guitar. people that hit the cutting room floor that shouldn't were Knopfler, George Harrison, Joe Walsh, Neil Young, Carlos Santana, Derek Trucks, Jorma Kaukonen, Peter Frampton and many more

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This thread has highlighted that I need more Zepplin and Rush in my life. :D I listen to “70’s Rock” a lot on the Alexa in my garage. “Alexa - play 70’s rock”. Amazon keeps throwing Elton John and Queen my way. I suspect that their AI is driving that channel off their popular movie rentals. :D

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This thread has highlighted that I need more Zepplin and Rush in my life. :D I listen to “70’s Rock” a lot on the Alexa in my garage. “Alexa - play 70’s rock”. Amazon keeps throwing Elton John and Queen my way. I suspect that their AI is driving that channel off their popular movie rentals. :D

Need another thread "Favorite Coupe Driving Music"

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
good point, i look back at my list and i find all 4 members of Zeppelin on it.
so what happens when you ask Alexa to play 'good' 70's rock ... and when it plays Elton + Queen ... and you say Alexa, 'not that Crap again'?

Need another thread "Favorite Coupe Driving Music"
this to me makes me realize the importance of having itunes in the car with a hookup to my phone. have to do some research on how to put a hands free phone and itunes in my coupe with either the original Blaupunkt or a Becker Europa. I already have a lot of playlists on my phone for long airplane flights (ATL to Dubai) which i did a lot for many years.
My coupe playlist would start with several cuts from Genesis, the lamb lies down on broadway (in the cage, back in NYC, carpet crawlers, lillywhite lilith). it would then move into some early Grateful Dead (first cuts of American Beauty, then US Blues, Scarlet Begonias and into a live jam version of Fire on the Mountain) ... knowing the drive would keep going, there would be some highlights from Blind Faith, Cream + Derek + the Dominoes ... then a few Who cuts for good measure + fast driving.