Harbor Freight jack stand recall

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Saw this posted over on FAQ, thought folks here better take note Best to check if you have a set of these particular jack stands. Obviously, quit using them immediately.

ED0F435B-CB8B-4D8E-BAF0-A32371923D34.jpeg

Ed

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a couple of these 6 Ton jacks. RIGHT NOW they are holding up my coupe up in the air....Gotta check them. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT:
IMG_4630.JPG

Mine aren't affected... Whew.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Violently shaking car on stands is a good way to find out the worst...

Violently? :D

You should be able to nudge the car firmly without anything happening.You can keep your floor jack a hair lower than the stands in case it does drop. I typically always keep the floor jack in place as added precaution, unless it is in the way. I also stick the tire under the car.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I regrettably buy things from HF despite their blatant lack of quality (where else can you get a bearing slide puller on a Sunday morning?) but I would never trust them with my life which is why I've never bought a car jack or stands from them.

steve in reno

Reaction score
I regrettably buy things from HF despite their blatant lack of quality (where else can you get a bearing slide puller on a Sunday morning?) but I would never trust them with my life which is why I've never bought a car jack or stands from them.

Good info to know. I have 4- 6 ton jacks stands from HF. Like Louis mine are NOT on the recall.
I HATE using jack stands, and violently shaking should be done. If it is going to fall, then is the time. I always put wheel under tire when lifted.
I had a diff pumpkin on one side of my head and the shock mount on the other once in a loss of altitude on an old Chevy, back in 1969. Scared me to death.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I looked at those jack stands my friend brought over and they are the recalled part number but for the life of me I couldn't get either one to slide down without pulling the release handle very high. Maybe they only had trouble with a few but I don't see the problem.

E3_UK

Reaction score
I also hate Jack stands. If I'm working underneath the car as opposed to just taking a wheel off I use my EZ Carlift (USA made). Locates on the jacking points securely and is very safe. I am guilty of just using a trolley Jack sometimes but never when lying underneath.

20160426_162308 by Robin Derrick, on Flickr

Last edited: