Here's a beauty.....

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The buyer says "full restoration by the Werk Shop" For me I'd reverse the non-period items for even more $$$ - it's a lovely car, what color is it?

I am not sure how I feel about that Werk Shop tag rivited on.
Would that be partial restoration #9?

ny30cs

Reaction score
The buyer says "full restoration by the Werk Shop" For me I'd reverse the non-period items for even more $$$ - it's a lovely car, what color is it?

Beautiful car. I don't think that color is a BMW color. Nicely done car. Great attention to detail ( except for decal location ). Looks like it's sitting a bit high. I'd bet the tires rub the inner front fenders if it were lowered.

sirshorty

Reaction score
cs at aventura in southhampton

I have a place out there and have visited their dealership several times. when looking at a few MB 280sl with a friend I felt that the high price tags on most of them did not fall in line with the overall condition of the cars we saw in the 50k to 70k range, which is the top end for those cars. i'm curious what the Werk shop did to this coupe that only earned it a partial resto plate but not a full one. Perhaps a call to them is in order. Clearly a lot of money was spent on this car, but aventura claims in their ad that werk shop did a full resto in spite of the pic of the plate that says partial resto. Gotta love car dealers and their use of artistic license in sale descriptions. i will stop by there to check it out the next time I'm out there in a week or so.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For $75K I would want ALL orginal. No speakers in doors and rear shelf, Blaupunkt, correct leather stitching, original refinished wood, the ac parts in working order, a front splash guard, ww motor cover, correct elephant skin, no hangman seatbelts, matching numbers, four speed, original rims. Tools?? Call me Mr. Picky.

Steve

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Glad someone is finding a 4 speed desirable, cause that's what I got.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
For $75K I would want ALL orginal. No speakers in doors and rear shelf, Blaupunkt, correct leather stitching, original refinished wood, the ac parts in working order, a front splash guard, ww motor cover, correct elephant skin, no hangman seatbelts, matching numbers, four speed, original rims. Tools?? Call me Mr. Picky.

Steve

And a steak dinner:D

bubukitty

Reaction score
Amen!

BBK

Steve

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Steve

My thoughts exactly...except for the 5-speed.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice car but the color combo is strange. It's like the paint shop mixed Polaris wromg and they painted it anyway.

gsnyc

Reaction score
Hi, i bought this car. I've always wanted an e9 coupe. Originally, i thought i wanted a CSI but it was hard to pass on the triple side draft webers.

I drove it 550 miles the first weekend i owned it - car ran very well, but they removed the air-conditioning so it was very hot! any view on how much it will cost to replace (compressor, hoses, etc)? I'm thinking of going to The Little Garage in Huntington, NY to do the work - any experience with them?

I understand this was a wildly expensive e9 - but it was a one owner car that had only been driven 1,500 miles since the extensive work had been done. Its nice to have a well-running car that i can use regularly without too much worry.

The color is very nice in person: its a gun-metal green/sage green (like Aston Martin Sage Green). The color combo would not have been my first choice, but it works very well and looks great in person.

I'm excited to be an e9 owner. I've always wanted one of these cars. They're beautiful and terrific to drive.

Thank you.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the jungle! PM me regarding The Little Garage. Here's my post on a/c upgrades:

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9633&highlight=air+conditioning+sanden

Hi, i bought this car. I've always wanted an e9 coupe. Originally, i thought i wanted a CSI but it was hard to pass on the triple side draft webers.

I drove it 550 miles the first weekend i owned it - car ran very well, but they removed the air-conditioning so it was very hot! any view on how much it will cost to replace (compressor, hoses, etc)? I'm thinking of going to The Little Garage in Huntington, NY to do the work - any experience with them?

I understand this was a wildly expensive e9 - but it was a one owner car that had only been driven 1,500 miles since the extensive work had been done. Its nice to have a well-running car that i can use regularly without too much worry.

The color is very nice in person: its a gun-metal green/sage green (like Aston Martin Sage Green). The color combo would not have been my first choice, but it works very well and looks great in person.

I'm excited to be an e9 owner. I've always wanted one of these cars. They're beautiful and terrific to drive.

Thank you.

sirshorty

Reaction score
congrats

Welcome to the madness! i find my coupe to be one of the hottest cabins i have been in and my original a/c makes it almost tolerable. an upgrade to a modern system will help. also make sure the heat shield on the manifolds and the transmission tunnel are still on the car which i'm told will also help keep it cooler once you do the mod new a/c. I may be alone here but I feel a 75k 3.0 cs should already have a working modern a/c system in it and I would have insisted that Aventura fix that for you since they should have done so anyway to command a price like that or reduce the price to compensate for it which they may have done for you . The Little garage has experience with these cars but expect a big bill for that work from them as they are an "open check book" type of shop. my guess would be around 3k for that job there. Also if you don't mind me asking, what did the Werk shop do the car that only had them give it a partial restoration badge since it looks like the car had an entire restoration done to it? just curious. I'm in NYC and out in Southhampton as well if you want to meet up for a drive and a coffee on a nice day. would love to see your new car up close,
cheers,
SirShorty

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Little Garage on LI

LG has been servicing BMW's since when the E9's were almost new.
Matt's a decent guy with a good reputation. I would not personally have him do a restoration, but I would trust him on mechanical work such as getting your AC system upgraded to work well.

Congratulations on a very nice and special E9 purchase.