Here's a beauty.....

bobabob

Reaction score
Gysnc:

That is one gorgeous CSS! Congratulations and welcome to our group of truly sick puppies! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine.

Best,

gsnyc

Reaction score
Thank you for all of your responses, and yes that is a fraudulent ad.

Again, i've had cars that were very "original" and i've also had very "mediocre" cars. i wanted to try a highly restored car with usable upgrades for more regular use.

SirShorty, I have the records and have spoken several times to Don at The Werk Shop. My understanding is as follows: They did not do a "total" restoration because Don didn't feel it was necessary. When i read about what a total restoration entails (and the cost) relative to what already was done/spent on this "partial" restoration, my head spins (and its hard to imagine what else could've been done/spent)...

Car was stripped to bare metal and any rust/damage was removed and replaced with new panels; rechromed bumper and window moldings; completely new interior; rebuilt 3.5L engine already in car (added triple webers and schrick cam. it also seems like they bored the cylinders to increase displacement); there was definitely brake, clutch and steering work/replacement; new 5-speed; redid electrical system; new glass; stereo system, etc. they did lots of small stuff like replace the springs and cables for hood, trunk, etc. its hard to think what was left to do...

someone asked about the larger wheels/tires: they cut, formed and refinished the rear wheel arches to fit the new wheels/tires.

I think they took out the a/c to make it lighter and faster.

I assume you guys are as into these details as I am. you're probably more mechanically inclined than i am but it does seem that they covered most everything.

Last edited:

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congrats gsnyc! I though that the new color looked very nice in the photos, unique, but fitting. Definitely sounds like a good driver with some of those mods. Hope to see it cruising the East Coast.

Carcrazy, nice catch! But, didn't you know that there is a new trend: reverse-flipping. You buy a car and sell at a lower price. It helps spread enthusiasm for older cars. ;)

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congrats! Welcome to the joys of coupe ownership! Hope to see the tri-state coupes together at some point...

glenn in encinitas

Site Donor
Reaction score
Talk about depreciation! I think a set of the clear turn lenses might work on this color. I'd take the seats to have them recovered, but otherwise a very good looking car. Oh yeah, Blaupunk/Becker and new shift knob too. I'd drive it!