Hood pad end of days - new options?

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, end of days is over, for at least the next ten to twelve years, I hope. I can't stress how unpleasant the glue and fiber removal was to prep the hood for the new pads..but the 3M adhesive remover worked wonders not to mention lots of elbow grease with the plastic scraping tool...

The new pads are in but what stress to get the center piece in without messing up with that nuclear grade adhesive. I wound up going top to bottom, contrary to Chris Macha advice (which was my mistake), as it seemed so much simpler to start from above...I had prescored the removable pad in 3 sections to do this in stages. But when I got to the bottom section I had to bend the pad too much to get around the strut bar and it caused a small crack in the pad that I hope future judges don't see! As usual, another great E9 learning lesson that applies to most things in life!
IMG_1304.JPG

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks nice, another reason to go bottom to top is starting with the wider width will allow it to line up better at the top. More margin for error.

eb88

Reaction score
Hey folks, after washing my E9 for Cars & Coffee tomorrow morning the foam hood pad (installed by Coupe King in 2011) gave up the ghost and flopped entirely over on the torsion bar -- wish I had taken a photo of that and how many jokes we could all make out of flaccid hood pads. I used small amounts of spray adhesive to secure it back in place but it's clearly dead and starting to crumble in the center section as I press it into place for the adhesive to dry.

So time for a new piece. I see older posts on this piece mentioning the Classic9 option (no photos that I could see) and Max2002store has them also for $159. WALLOTHNESCH has the set for about $70 and they are self adhesive, which I like.

Any better options out there for foam and self adhesive?

Thanks all,

Thanks allView attachment 183067
Bought my set brand new from BMW for £59+vat just ask for 51481811883.