HOW OFTEN TO YOU SPOT ANOTHER E9 ON THE ROAD?

pmansson

Reaction score
While in Laguna Beach last week, my wife said "isn´t that a BMW like yours". We were driving our from the Montage hotel to the village centre for dinner. It was dark and I couldn´t see the colour.
Here in Switzerland I see a few, but usually know the owners. I drive mine quite regularly.
In Sweden I see them occasionally, but then I´m only there in the summer.

There are too few really good cars which people drive regularly. Most are parked for long periods, often not even registered to drive on public roads. The relatively low value and high cost of restoration is probably the reason. Compare with E-types which are much more common to see driven about, or Mercedes Pagodas and Porsche 356, early 911.

pamp

Reaction score
Here on Vancouver Island, B.C. CANADA I have spotted one nice example. This was in Sidney, just outside of Victoria. I myself, live on the island in Comox. We have a wrecking yard of sorts in Duncan. I had the opportunity to possibly come up with CS parts for my stash, 1971 2800, but lolly gagged, and the car was stripped, parts to customers all across the U.S. The shell was not that bad, as I remember, but the yard crushed it, to make room. No blame, just a shame. I did briefly meet the owner in Victoria. I was at the Triumph dealer to pick up too much fun,2006 Daytona 675. He was dropping off a deck lid ,2002, to a sand blast and primer outfit next door So I was able to puruse the car, briefly, as the gentleman seemed to be in a hurry. As far as I know, we have three runners on the island, myself and the aformentioned owner. Through the grapevine, I have learned that this gent has two runners plus 2-3 parts cars. He will not part with any of the gold. I am presently at the end game on a resto for my '74 Sienna. Hey, Mr. Vic, if you read this stuff, be a friend.

John H.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Southern California

Living in Laguna Beach, I am lucky to see at least one a week. Also, would see about 2 a month up in LA. Different ones. There are a lot of them down here!

m_thompson

Reaction score
There are five coupes (including mine) that I know of in Rhode Island, and I have only seen one of the other four. The only time that I have seen another coupe on the road was going to a BMWCCA Oktoberfest.

m_thompson

Reaction score
There are five coupes (including mine) that I know of in Rhode Island, and I have only seen one of the other four. The only time that I have seen another coupe on the road was going to a BMWCCA Oktoberfest.

sirshorty

Reaction score
how often u see an e9

There are actually a few in manhattan aside from mine. yesterday I passsed another silver e9 parked in the east village that i have seen before in my hood and at ultimate motors before it closed. there is a navy one parked on the lower eastside ina a gated lot and a white 2800 parked in tribeca often. My friend had a fjord csi she kept in chinatown but sold it 6 months ago to another local. I have seen a 2000cs also around the lower eastside as well. Popular with urban hipsters who are in the know i guess.

sirshorty

Reaction score
how often u see an e9

There are actually a few in manhattan aside from mine. yesterday I passsed another silver e9 parked in the east village that i have seen before in my hood and at ultimate motors before it closed. there is a navy one parked on the lower eastside ina a gated lot and a white 2800 parked in tribeca often. My friend had a fjord csi she kept in chinatown but sold it 6 months ago to another local. I have seen a 2000cs also around the lower eastside as well. Popular with urban hipsters who are in the know i guess.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Hey SirShorty,

Roger and I are still waiting for that call back for when you'll be passing thru. Until then, we don't believe you actually own a coupe, 'cause seein is believin...(LOL)

Looking forward to it...

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Hey SirShorty,

Roger and I are still waiting for that call back for when you'll be passing thru. Until then, we don't believe you actually own a coupe, 'cause seein is believin...(LOL)

Looking forward to it...

simoniko

Reaction score
chesus

i havent seen other coupe , only mine , means i have seen good coupes only on photo section of this forum , until mine is ready !

simoniko

Reaction score
chesus

i havent seen other coupe , only mine , means i have seen good coupes only on photo section of this forum , until mine is ready !

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I saw a nice Chamonix with large rims in Cupertino this very week-end. The rims looked familiar from a board picture I think.

The strangest thing is that whenever I see another coupe on the road I am on my coupe. And most of the time I am not, so it is either some cosmic gravitational force between these cars, or that other coupes also come out on nice week ends and take twisty scenic routes.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I saw a nice Chamonix with large rims in Cupertino this very week-end. The rims looked familiar from a board picture I think.

The strangest thing is that whenever I see another coupe on the road I am on my coupe. And most of the time I am not, so it is either some cosmic gravitational force between these cars, or that other coupes also come out on nice week ends and take twisty scenic routes.

syrahnoir

Reaction score
I live in the Napa Valley where there are at least 3 coupes that I know of and one or two that must be hiding. It is always a peasant surprise to see one on the road. BTW I was in SF on Tuesday both in SOMA and on 101N to Santa Rosa. If you saw a Fjord with a lowered stance that was me.