Identifying tii brake booster and M30B35 clearance question

Sparky

Reaction score
I have an unknown brake booster in a 2800cs that was converted to triple sidedraft Webers and then to dual downdraft Webers. The booster is marked ATE T 51 and has a ATE part number label with the number 3 6152 0701.4 . Is this at tii booster?

What is the outside diameter of a tii booster?

How much clearance space is there between a tii booster and the intake manifold on a '89 M30B35 engine transplanted in an E9?

Thanks.

Sparky

61porsche

Reaction score
It looks like this.....

160661-500-0.jpg

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Tii booster

I have a Tii booster that has ATE BREMSGERAT T 51 on it - almost exactly 7" diameter which is about 1" to big to just bolt on (apparently). There was an extensive thread about cutting the corner on the interfering edge of the b35 intake manifold to avoid altering the booster mount but I don't remember if that was for the Tii booster ( think so) or the stock CS booster.

HTH

Doug

Sparky

Reaction score
It sounds like the T 51 markings indicate the specific technology in the booster and not the size. It doesn't look like what I have is the required tii size.

Does anyone know the ATE part number for a tii booster?

Does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,

Sparky

careysd

Reaction score
The Tii booster DOES fit with a B35 manifold provided you are not using motor mount adapters. If you are using stock motor mounts that have been welded, your clearance will be close, but the manifold does not hit the booster. Keep in mind, that once installed, everything on the driver's side of the motor is a very tight fit and it can be hard to reach in to work on things under the booster.

I had a problem using adapters as they spaced the engine to high and put the manifold into the booster's airspace. Once I pulled those out and welded up an extension to the stock motor mount everything was bliss.

The Tii booster is 7" diameter. FWIW, I tried several other boosters including a 944 booster and they do not fit without cutting and rewelding the booster arm.

Mine doesn't have all of the fancy new paint, but here you are:

Link to booster pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/senorc...&authkey=Gv1sRgCNH-s_zBveGOYQ&feat=directlink

Motor mounts link: https://picasaweb.google.com/senorcarey/EngineMounts?authuser=0&feat=directlink

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
dont know if this helps but i swapped to the tii booster a few years ago :

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2918

if you look through the photos in the thread, you can see the original booster in the first pictures and the much smaller tii booster in the last few. Cant tell you the stats on my motor mounts as the Carl Nelson's shop did the 3.5l swap before the car found its way to me... but as you can see in the photos, the booster sits well below centerline of the intake ports.