Ignition Cover

Paul Baker

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi. Did anyone find an alternative or make a drawing/file for 3d printing? Out of 5 current restorations only 1 car has the cover left fitted to it.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Shoot me your email and I'll send you the file for the cover. It isn't a perfect fit. It needs another revision. Feel free to take it forward though. Thanks.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Shoot me your email and I'll send you the file for the cover. It isn't a perfect fit. It needs another revision. Feel free to take it forward though. Thanks.
Mark
If you still have the 3D file I might be able to get a couple printed for Boonies and myself.
Thx, Dan

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mark
If you still have the 3D file I might be able to get a couple printed for Boonies and myself.
Thx, Dan

I have the file I can share. The fitment needs a little bit of work. Perhaps @posix can chip in on the updates and we can publish here. I’m happy to print a batch with the vendor that I use. I can send a member/modeler the original with the FAHRT wording.

FC556801-C025-453D-B1E8-97AF53B6E6A7.jpeg
6E7EA1D0-444E-42B8-939C-6E5FF3F24916.jpeg

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just looked at my ignition cover. It is blank with no lettering at all. Could that be a reproduction or were they blank on a '73 USA Coupe?

Wladek

Reaction score
both of mine adjustable & non-adjustable e9 steering columns where originally with flat blinds without letters, the one with letters i purchased with ignition lock from the guy who disassembled set from e3.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
i believe that early ones were blank. at least i think the one from my 2800cs was blank

This is a factory brochure pic from the 1971 2800CS. As noted by the early pre-71 seats. It’s difficult to make out. I think I see FAHRT and START. I can’t see the HALT.

3C1A4AE7-DC3D-4208-AB17-FDFB25883E8E.jpeg