In case you win the Mega Millions

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A black 1955 Corvette, 265 V8, three speed, drive shaft not torque tube like the 53 and 54. I would check every option on the order.

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When one of us wins, Car week will be a great time to pick up several nice cars. Mecums always has some great cars, maybe I will pick up a duesenberg

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
When one of us wins, Car week will be a great time to pick up several nice cars. Mecums always has some great cars, maybe I will pick up a duesenberg
My Dad had one of those too, a big limo. After the war, they were just big, gas-guzzeling cars. It wasn't the right car for a medical student in Chicago to have. He sold it for $500, $200 more than he paid. The last he saw of it, it was going around a corner, grinding into gear. He was never able to find it on any of the club records after that so it 'disappeared.'

shanon

Reaction score
Just bought my singular piece of lighting, pretending to be Zeus, hoping to convert $2 to a cool $1.28B. Will keep ya posted.....or maybe not....
If lighting strikes I'll be knocking on the door of the current owner of the charcoal Lambo 400gt my son and I drag raced years ago and giving him whatever he wants, it's only paper. :)

Attachments

• e9 vs 400gt.jpg
    e9 vs 400gt.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 52

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yes, if i won ... there would be some cool cars
i would start with an M1. then a 2002 turbo ... then a CSL that would do it for BMW. a few different Porsche
then it would get down to thinking about other beautiful cars ... and that would come down to what i fit in. always loved the 246 dino, the miura ... just not sure i fit.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just bought my singular piece of lighting, pretending to be Zeus, hoping to convert $2 to a cool $1.28B. Will keep ya posted.....or maybe not....
If lighting strikes I'll be knocking on the door of the current owner of the charcoal Lambo 400gt my son and I drag raced years ago and giving him whatever he wants, it's only paper. :)
The 350gt and 400gt were some of the most beautiful cars ever to see the road

Last edited:

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK what is the guilty pleasure car you would buy? In other words the car that everyone would look down on you owning but for some crazy reason you want one. Mine is one of the worst cars ever made....dont judge me....71 Vega

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good question, Wobdog. I would go for a this. In honor of my dad who brought some amazing and not so amazing cars home to "surprise us." A 1954 stick on the column Mercury wagon, last of the real Woodies for Mercury. Followed by a 1959 Ford Country Squire that I, at the tender age of 17 with an illegal NY state license, drove most of the way across the PA Pike with my four siglings and mom and dad on board. A first year Ford Mustang. A suicide door Lincoln. Followed by some boring old Caddies and Ford ocean going barges.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Good question, Wobdog. I would go for a this. In honor of my dad who brought some amazing and not so amazing cars home to "surprise us." A 1954 stick on the column Mercury wagon, last of the real Woodies for Mercury. Followed by a 1959 Ford Country Squire that I, at the tender age of 17 with an illegal NY state license, drove most of the way across the PA Pike with my four siglings and mom and dad on board. A first year Ford Mustang. A suicide door Lincoln. Followed by some boring old Caddies and Ford ocean going barges.

That's a good one, I had a white '74 Pinto Squire. But I think I'd look for a car my father had, an Allard J2X.
It was said it was good that it use American drivetrain components. My father said they never mentioned the rate at which it used those components. Apparently, the Caddy V8 was a bit much for the rear axle which frequently needed replacement.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well someone in Illinois won the Friday July 29th 2022 Megamillions for $1.28 billion.
The payout is a 30-year annuity or a lump sum of just over half that amount. Then taxes come off the top, so the winner isn't a billionaire yet. And Illinois allows winners to remain anonymous and can delay up to a year to cash in. I'd create an LLC and move before claiming my winnings if it were me.

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

How about a suicide door T-Bird - I had a 67 :)