Interior Resoration - Metal Panel Rust behind upholstery - how to proceed ?

neon

Site Donor
Reaction score
Now I see what you mean by bumps..if you were going through customs, they'd have to open that up. That probably is rust that is at full blossom, behind the vinyl. Never seen that...I have a few sets, and all have a little oxidation, but you might want to start with a set that's a little better. Are the fronts in similar condition?
Dave v. I am sure my part is fully rusted through, would you be interested in selling one of yours and provididing a photo ?

neon

Site Donor
Reaction score
dave v - thanks much, I am having no success finding this particular part new

neon

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just grip the back of the seat along the parcel tray and pull forward, then you'll have the upper sides exposed and you can then pull it towards the front and out. They are only held in by friction.
Much appreciated !

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
dave v - thanks much, I am having no success finding this particular part new
Envelope in upper right corner opens Conversations. You will find that trim parts, almost all interior parts and many others parts have not been available for decades.

neon

Site Donor
Reaction score
Envelope in upper right corner opens Conversations. You will find that trim parts, almost all interior parts and many others parts have not been available for decades.
Thanks Chris. Glad I'm on the forum where I am most likely to find the "NLA's"

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@neon ... i probably have some of the pieces that you might be in need of. i know i have a backup set of the rear side panels as well as the fronts (both without wood)

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the bigger issue are the gaskets at your rear window. If that is rusted through, you have quite a leak.

neon

Site Donor
Reaction score
@neon ... i probably have some of the pieces that you might be in need of. i know i have a backup set of the rear side panels as well as the fronts (both without wood)
Thanks rsporche - I have PMed you about the part (the metal carrier, R rear)