It is a tax on American consumers - pure and simple.. The latest from Pelican

UPS just sent me a check!
$424.63 for “CHB-1 Overpayment”
I have no idea how this was calculated or whether it’s the first of a few or what but hey, I’ll take it! Now I have money to spend on some other E9 parts :)
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 46
here is my most recent update on tariffs. i think i noted in another thread about 2 protection plates from Stefan Ries (total of 110 euros) where i was hit by UPS for 74 bucks in tariffs - 17 was ups charges and 57 was actual tariff. well my comment is that W+N seems to be doing a better job with UPS on coding things properly. this was 216 euro of rear brake rotors and i just got the tariff bill from UPS and it was 37.80 in tariff and 17 in UPS charges ... so 54.80 in total charges. so quick shoutout to W+N for doing a good service for its customers here in the USA.

i will go back to UPS on the protection plates and try to get some refund on tariff and get the correct tariff code implemented.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dlc
I had to order 2 rubber parts for a Porsche from a dealer in France. It was a quick delivery via Fedex and I just received a charge for a tariff. The charge from Fedex was $19.40 and the cost of the parts were $18.47 plus $23.99 Fedex shipping. I want to challenge this but to do so with Fedex I have to create an account. I really don't want to open an account which will probably require to add a credit card number.
What will happen if I ignore it?
 
I had to order 2 rubber parts for a Porsche from a dealer in France. It was a quick delivery via Fedex and I just received a charge for a tariff. The charge from Fedex was $19.40 and the cost of the parts were $18.47 plus $23.99 Fedex shipping. I want to challenge this but to do so with Fedex I have to create an account. I really don't want to open an account which will probably require to add a credit card number.
What will happen if I ignore it?
they will send you another bill till you pay it , UPS now does it COD I got an unexpected 150 bill the other day to be able to get my package
 
If you open an account they will have all your information and if you don’t pay the fee, they’ll take you to collection and now you can kiss your credit rating Goodbye.

Ask me how I know…..

One collection is worth -83 points on your credit score.

FedEx got me for $1400.00 for a 13.7 pound package last year.
That was just the shipping.
The fees were another $500

Hate is not enough to say.
 
If you open an account they will have all your information and if you don’t pay the fee, they’ll take you to collection and now you can kiss your credit rating Goodbye.

Ask me how I know…..

One collection is worth -83 points on your credit score.

FedEx got me for $1400.00 for a 13.7 pound package last year.
That was just the shipping.
The fees were another $500

Hate is not enough to say.
I won't open an account. I have reponded and will wait. No hurry to pay them.
This is aging like roadkill:
"... the U.S. Supreme Court Supreme Court says Trump global tariffs are illegal ruled that sweeping tariffs imposed by President Trump under the 1977 International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA) were illegal"
"The Supreme Court decision did not affect industry-specific tariffs authorized under different statutes, such as Section 232 duties on steel and aluminum."
Are any laws being followed?
 
Last edited:
Is $20 worth all this energy? Every time you get a bill from FedEx it will raise your blood pressure. This falls under the category of "not worth the aggravation"
 
Here is the latest from UPS..

I ordered about $700 in parts from Walloth on 9/20. The parts arrived at UPS in Germany three days later.
On the 24th Walloth asked me to fill out a DOT HS-7 form. I did that, and the parts arrived in KY the next day.

Three days later I was told the government needed additional information. What information was needed was not stated..

However, from past experience, I knew that they needed a "commercial invoice", which is basically the exact same invoice as Walloth provides, except on their from, and with prices converted ti USD. I sent that, and within 24 hours was presented with a bill for $237!!

Of this, $90 was those stupid "line item fees" where for every item over three items UPS charges about $22. I had seven line items...Three of these were less than the UPS line item fee...

And two days later the parts are in my home town..

First observation is that, despite the fees, this is a record fast delivery. Second observation is that $140 in UPS fees is exorbitant, given that the tariff was only $100.

Lesson learned.. Only order things in groups of three line items, and if you have small stuff, lump those in with one or two big things.

Screenshot 2026-09-30 at 7.19.59 AM.png

Screenshot 2026-09-30 at 7.19.43 AM.png
 
Yep the line item fees were what killed my last order - bunch of cheap small things but a lot
Of them, and like you in many cases the fee was more than the cost of the item. Makes an argument for some of us pooling together on the small things that we all need and just ordering a bunch of them. Hmmm, sounds like Don has been already taking care of that for us - he is our go-to!
 
Back
Top